September 1, 2010

Monthly Favourites - August 2010


SEPTEMBER ALREADY?! 

The year is going by so fast! I feel so unproductive! Alas, that won't change until I get a job. This month's favourites will be on the smaller side because, as I said, I am jobless and therefore broke. Nevertheless, here are my faves from the month of August.


1. Sigma E25 Brush
My favourite brush of the moment. It's great for applying eyeshadow all over the lid and it's fantastic for blending. On top of that, it's super soft and has not shed in the few months I've had it. The E25 is one of the few brushes I have that I want to have a duplicate of.


2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey
A perfect way to transition from summer to fall; this colour is not only gorgeous, it's also multifaceted. In some angles, you get a straight up grey. In some, you see a bit of greige. In yet another, you see a hint of purple. Well, this is what I see, at least. Also, the formula's quite nice. It applies fairly evenly and dries quickly. A plus if, like me, you're too impatient to wait for your nails to dry.


3. MAC Mineralize Blush - Dainty
I recently realized I don't have a true pink blush. I'm late to the whole mineralize game but I'm so glad I picked this up. It's the perfect pink for me (not too blue) and applies very nicely. I've taken to applying this with a Sigma F50 which gives it a more airbrushed look. 


4. MAC Eyeshadow - Naked Lunch
Such a gorgeous eyeshadow! This is probably what I reach for the most when it comes to everyday looks. I would normally apply Naked Lunch all over my lid and define the crease with whatever tickles my fancy. It looks like a plain beige on the pan but it has a pink/peach undertone to it which is quite evident when applied to the lid. It also has a nice shimmer.


5. Neutrogena UltraSheer Water-Light Daily Face Sunscreen
Don't let the term "Water-Light" fool you. This is actually not that liquidy when applied to the skin so you don't need a lot. The best part about this sunscreen is that it makes your makeup apply even better. Getting sun protection and priming your skin? It sounds too good to be true, but I assure you, it works! My foundation always looks much better when I've applied this after a moisturizer.


6. Lush Shower Gel - Rub Rub Rub
I love this shower gel! It has a gorgeous floral scent that is quite invigorating. It also has exfoliating properties (sea salt) so my skin always feels smooth afterwards. It's not very moisturizing, but I don't have very dry skin so it's not a problem for me. This is such an awesome product to use in the mornings, it always puts me in a good mood.


7. Garnier Fructis Curls & Shine Mousse
This curls my hair so amazingly! Granted, I do have naturally wavy/curly hair, but no other product makes my curls look as nice. It smells lovely, as all Garnier Fructis products to, and gives my hair fantastic volume. Love this!




What are your August faves?





5 comments:

  1. I want to try the MSFs but the 20 plus price kinda makes me turn away!
    Great favorites, and seriously I can't believe it's already September!

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Naked Lunch too.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Savannah - i think it's worth it to at least have one! go for it :)

    @Marie - yey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Naked Lunch as well and love it! imo it's a perfect colour to use to start a neutral eye, or to use on the lid with something bright in the crease/outer v

    Angela @ dowantmakeup.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails