July 21, 2010

MAC - Dainty Mineralize Blush & Going Casual Cremesheen Glass


A conversation between a MAC SA & me on the day I purchased Dainty:

SA - "You still don't have dainty?!"
Me - "...No..."
SA - "HAHAHA!"

For serious. She laughed at me. Not that I mind, because prior to that, I told her about how I was always "late to the game" when it comes to collections. I've missed out on Stereo Rose TWICE, but thanks to this fiasco, I'm pretty much on top of new releases, thanks to Temptalia and Makeup & Beauty Blog who do all the work for me :p.

 

So the kind SA told me that everyone should have Dainty and Warm Soul and I have to agree; Those two are the most universally flattering and are absolutely gorgeous! I didn't purchase Warm Soul, but I will soon. 


MAC describes Dainty as a "light yellow-pink with gold pearl." I've been wanting a nice, true pink blush that wasn't too cool for my skin (light-medium with yellow undertones) and Dainty definitely hits that mark. It's such a pretty colour and blends well onto the skin; leaving just enough shimmer without looking glittery. 


Going Casual Cremesheen Glass was released in the In The Groove Collection. I have to say, I was all about the MSF's from this collection that I pretty much shut out every other product from my mind. Which is just as well, because when I saw the rest of the collection up close, I was pretty underwhelmed (especially by the eyeshadow trios). 

But I every time I passed by a MAC store or counter, I couldn't stop looking at Going Casual. Of course, being a cool-toned, "sheer lilac" shade, I was convinced this would never look good on me. Finally, I said, "screw it, I'm trying it on!" 

And I fell in love. It's so gorgeous and it's sheer enough to work for a lot of skin tones (even very yellow ones like mine), but still pigmented enough to show the true colour. So lesson learned: swatch products and try them on before passing judgement!


I've been wanting to sport pastel lips for a while but I could never find a way to do it without making my lips look chalky or my skin look washed out. All I knew was that I didn't want to look like those women who were sporting the unfortunate combination of orange skin and pale lips. 

I think that Going Casual is the perfect way to do this look and I'm so glad I wasn't "late to THIS game" because I really do love it. 


Do you use any of these products? What are your thoughts?





3 comments:

  1. i love those colours!

    im a new follower of ur blog♥

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh they're very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anya - Welcome!

    @Lauren - They are, aren't they? I'm so glad I was able to get them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails