July 27, 2010

Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - Review


So if you don't know, I am seriously loving Boots Cleansing Milk for removing my makeup. But since it's not available in Canada and I can't purchase it online (Boots & Target don't ship to Canada), I've been trying to use it as sparingly as I can. So I figured if I use it only on my face (as opposed to the face and the eyes), I'll be cutting down quite a bit; and in fact, I do. 

So I decided to purchase a separate eye makeup remover and ended up with Rimmel's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. It's oil free, gentle, and removes waterproof mascara? Yes, please!


As you can see, it does its job well enough. It removes makeup but I find that one pad isn't enough, particularly because product that is really close to the lash line can get left behind. And I'm not even talking about mascara, waterproof or otherwise. If you want to remove waterproof mascara with this, good luck. 

I think that in order to remove all traces of mascara on my eyes, It would take a lot product and time. And frankly, that's too much work for me. I want an eye makeup remover that will remove all traces of makeup with just a few swipes and this just doesn't cut it.

But the worst part is the state it left my eye in after use. You know that really dry feeling in your eyes if you've been wearing your contacts for too long? That's what my eyes feel like after using this product. It quite uncomfortable to say the least. Add to that the fact that it's not very effective... Well, let's just say I only use this now to clean up swatches on my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails