July 13, 2010

Design Style Quiz

Yesterday, I took a design style quiz from sproost.com, which I saw on Kifus' Inspiring Interiors blog.

According to Sproost, my style is:


Hollywood Couture
"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream?" That's right, its time to roll out the red carpet and get ready for the sparkle of crystal and all things flashy that make up the Hollywood Couture style. Hollywood Couture style originated in high-end lifestyles that made up the years between the roaring 20's and the swinging 40's where it was important to bring a feeling of glamour to the home when the world outside may have lacked it. Nowadays it's scratching a similar itch in the sense that it's bringing a sense of opulence to a world that seems to have forgotten how much fun it can be! The great thing about the updated version of the style is how versatile it is. You can really take it in any direction and add almost any style into the mix, perhaps a contemporary leather sofa paired with lacquered Louis XIV chairs that have been upholstered in lush velvet. The key is that each item feels as rich and over-the-top as possible and yet everything still seems livable. It's not a space that screams: "do not touch" - rather it almost dares you to experience its luxury.

Sproost says my interior design style is:
75% Hollywood Couture
25% French Eclectic









I have to say, the result is pretty spot on and these photos pretty much sum up my style: a mix of vintage and contemporary pieces, feminine, glamorous, and comfortable. 

Now excuse me while I stare at these photos for a little while longer and daydream about my future home...

What's your Design Style? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails