July 12, 2010

Boots Original Beauty Formula Cleansing Milk - Review



Ahh, Boots Cleansing Milk, how I've heard such wonderful things about you.

Gentle and effective? Hello, I'm Dani, please sign me up!

You see, my skin has been suffering (not to mention misbehaving) for the last seven months; thanks to what I now dub, The Meltdown. I needed a makeup remover that was gentle but didn't require me to use it more than once per cleanse. So when I read the great reviews about this product, I knew I had to try it. Thankfully, my parents were in London at the time so I was able to ask them to bring me back a bottle (dear Boots website, please ship to Canada. Thanks).

I think there's this stigma that products that are "gentle" are somehow less effective than its harsher counterparts. I confess, I bought into that, too. But I'm happy to say that the Boots Original Beauty Formula Cleansing Milk does its job and does it well




The above photo shows the cotton pad I used to remove my makeup (left) and the cotton pad I used to tone (right). As you can see, there are no traces of makeup left on the round cotton pad. I only used the cleansing milk once, then I cleansed again with a regular cleanser. The result? Perfectly clean skin. I love it!

HITS
-Packaging: gorgeous glass bottle with a vintage label. Looks fantastic on your shelf/counter
-Efficacy: One dollop + One cotton Pad + One re-cleanse = CLEAN SKIN
-Price: Retails for £3.89 (approx. $6.00 CAD) for a 150mL bottle.
-Texture: Easier to work with than cold cream, smoothes over skin wonderfully.


MISSES
-Reaction: very slight stinging in the eye
-Efficacy: doesn't remove all waterproof mascara

Notice the left over mascara and the slightly red eyes? Yeah... So I do need to use a separate eye makeup remover (which loads of people do anyway), and it did make my eyes sting a bit. I say "did" because I found in the last couple of days that my eyes haven't stung at all. Maybe it's the product or maybe it's because I haven't been using it for lashes. Either way, no red eyes for me! Be warned, there is some slight clouding over if the product gets in your eyes, so if you absolutely hate that, you probably shouldn't use this on your eyes. However, as I said, it's only very slight. I had more intense clouding with the Almay moisturizing eye makeup remover pads.


FINAL VERDICT
The Boots Cleansing Milk is fantastic! It works beautifully and is very gentle on the skin. I haven't had any reactions whatsoever to this product (skin-wise). It's very cheap, a little bit goes a long way, and the packaging is just divine! I hope Boots decides to ship Internationally or I find a way to get someone to send me some... Or maybe I'll just go to London myself, I've always wanted to go anyway! Because this product is so worth it, and I'll be sure to repurchase again in the future.


Have you tried this product before? What are your thoughts on it?



3 comments:

  1. Hi Dani, anything Boots reminds me so much of my grandmother. If I decide one day to start wearing make up I'm definitely going to use this cleansing milk.

    A happy week to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kifus thanks! a happy week to you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog here, your write in such a brilliant, entertaining style and its so great to read!
    Glad I found you, best of luck :D x

    lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails