September 24, 2010

All About Eyes: Runway Edition - Alexandre Herchcovitch

A few days ago, I was strolling through the streets of the Interweb and was inspired by a few of the runway makeup looks that I saw. So it's been a bit of a mad dash trying to recreate some of them during the scant few hours there's actually enough natural light to take photographs (ahhh, fall!).

Anyway, here's the first look:

(photo from: elle.com)

I'm sure we've all sported the trend of using a bright eyeshadow on the lower lid. But what I haven't seen before was the use of two different colours at the same time. So I decided to try and recreate this look.




Products Used:
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette - Sunset (orange & yellow/gold)
MAC eyeshadow - Satin Taupe
MAC eyeshadow - Naked Lunch
Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Mascara


First, I started with a wash of Naked Lunch (the lightest shade) all over the lid. Then, I applied Satin Taupe along the crease and the outer corner. With a pencil brush, I applied the yellow/gold colour to the inner corner, making sure to apply a bit to the upper lash line. I also applied this to the inner third of my lower lash line. Using the same pencil brush, I applied the orange shade to the rest of my lower lash line and blended it slightly into the Satin Taupe. I finished off with Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes! mascara on the top and bottom lashes. However, I only coated my lashes once or twice to achieve a natural look because the model doesn't look like she's wearing any mascara. But since my lashes are pretty sparse (not to mention short), I decided to apply some. Artistic license and all that jazz :p. Also, apart from a bit of grooming with a brush, I left my eyebrows alone since the model's looks fairly natural as well.

I really like this look because it's a unique way to wear brighter eyeshadows without looking garish. Also, the use of the orange really makes it appropriate for Fall. I would personally wear this for a night out or a small gig (with false lashes or black eyeliner on both lash/water lines).






Would you rock this look?





7 comments:

  1. Wow you got that look spot on! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @liloo - thank you :D

    @AestheticAnonymous - yey! glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing look! :D love it!
    jjbeautysecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stay Beautiful! - thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! Love the mix of cool and warm colors...do that a lot myself! You really nailed this look.

    xoxo
    Victoria Stanell

    Associate Product Editor
    beautylish.com
    blog.beautylish.com
    twitter.com/beautylish

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails