September 20, 2010

Take Two's & Thank You's!


I'm sure we've all had regret purchases. But have you ever revisited a product to find that, miracle of all miracles, it all of a sudden works?

It's a bit like Christmas, I think :p.


Kiehl's Yerba Maté Tea Cleanser
"Facial Cleanser with Vitamin-Infused Tea Extracts for a Healthful Skin Vivacity"

Sounds good, right? It really does. But I think it was a bit harsh for my skin at the time it was having a Meltdown. However, these last month or two, my skin has really gone back to normal. It's no longer sensitive or dry (not quite as oily as before, though), but there are still a few persistent blemishes hanging around. 

So I reintroduced this back into my skincare routine because I didn't want to waste it. After using it for a few weeks once a day (morning or night, depending on what I felt like), I've noticed a slightly more even skintone and less sallowness. It's nothing earth shattering, but at least it's doing its job!


Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Face Cream

Now this one, I'm really happy about! I mentioned in this post all the reasons why I was disappointed with this product. And for the price of $85 CAD, I think I was justified. 

But as I said, my skin has changed (again!) in the last 2 months or so and I've found that this moisturizes so amazingly well! It no longer just sits on top of the skin, it sinks in well enough that my skin feels moisturized and not oily. And yet, it doesn't completely absorb so I don't feel the need to slap some more on. The scent is a little strong at first (slightly citrusy), but it does fade away after a bit. Nowadays, it's such a pleasure to apply this to my skin. It's the absolute perfect consistency and leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.



Lastly, I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who voted for me for the Ultimate Makeup Junkie Contest. At the time I wrote this post, I was at 76 votes and I'm not sure if that was enough to get me to the semi-finals but I'm still so incredibly grateful for those of you who took the time to vote for me. So again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!









Have you given any products a second chance lately?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails