September 10, 2010

NOTD: Revlon - Plum Seduction





Wow, I've been really getting into nail polish, lately!

Anyway, isn't it pretty? At first I was worried because the first coat was much too sheer. But as you can see in the photos above, it wasn't a problem reaching full opacity. And believe it or not, that's just two coats. The consistency is quite watery, I was actually afraid the varnish would drip right off my fingernails! However, my fears were for naught, because this particular shade was so easy to work with. Because the consistency is so thin, I didn't get any brush marks on my nails (which occurred with my Rimmel nail polish) and as I said, it only took two coats to get a nice opaque colour.

But I think the best thing about this nail polish is, of course, the colour: a gorgeous berry, purply-pink colour. So if you want a break from the dark reds, dark blues, blacks, etc; this is your pick. The purple undertone grounds the colour and keeps it from being bright. So if you want to go colourful for Fall, pick up one of these babies. I promise, it's gorgeous!




What's your favourite colour to wear in the Fall?

8 comments:

  1. I have this one too!! love them all!!There are few new matte finish nail vanishes, u should totally check them out!!:)

    Yi
    http://thestyleofneighborhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright colors! And fall is not going to stop me from wearing them! I love the berry/bluish undertones to this color. I think Revlon is very comparable to OPI

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great nailpolish color<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Yi - yeah, i saw them but none of the shades interested me :(

    @Under the Fluorescents - yeah, brights are great for lifting your spirits, especially when it's been raining all week :p

    @Fashion-Resort - it is! you should check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually quite like thin nail polishes for the reason they arent streaky but they are opaque.

    Really love this shade for Autumn.
    I think my favourite shades for the colder weather would have to be deep reds and berry colours.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this color is gorgeousss!!! Check out OPI my private jet... looks even better on the nail than in the bottle!!

    how do you get your nails so square it looks hot!! mine are so round????

    love daisy xxx

    daisyleighblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Fee - deep reds and berrys are SO pretty! i like navy blues as well :)

    @Daisy - will definitely check it out! my nails are actually naturally that square. they're quite wide so i just cut them short and that's how they look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this color too and love it! So glad i stumbled across your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails