September 14, 2010

Annabelle Cosmetics - Mono Eyeshadows Review



Annabelle was one of those brands that I always overlooked, but it wasn't until I saw Rae's review & EOTD that I took notice. So I popped into my local Shoppers Drug Mart to check these out for myself and I was pleasantly surprised by the texture and colours available. 

top: Rainforest & Revolver
bottom: Fantasy & Jazzberry

Annabelle has a collection out right now called Hype National and Rainforest & Fantasy were released as part of that collection. Meanwhile, Revolver & Jazzberry are also Limited Edition, and will be available until February of next year (thanks to Halifax for pointing this out). 

Anyway, these eyeshadows are so easy to apply and blend. The best part is, they were on sale for $3.49 each. I also purchased the custom quad compact for $6.99, a pretty good deal all in all!



The compact itself is pretty great quality. Compared to a MAC palette, I found that the magnets are stronger and yet I have an easier time removing the eyeshadows. Also, the paper behind the cover is removable so you can add your own design. So don't let the $6.99 price fool you, this is a sturdy compact!



As you can see from the swatches, the colours appear vibrant enough. However, and this is my only gripe about the products, you really do need to foil this in order to actually have vibrancy. These eyeshadows, applied with a dry brush, are underwhelming. However, applied damp brush:

I was going to post photos of these looks applied with a dry brush, but it was so underwhelming, I didn't bother. But as you can see above, foiling makes all the difference! I couldn't believe how vibrant the colours were! Now, this is not normally how I would wear these colours; I just wanted to show you guys how amazing they look when applied with a wet brush. 

My favourite colours are Jazzberry and Revolver. Not only are they unique to my collection, but I find that they're unique in general. Jazzberry is a beautiful, dirty plum colour; perfect for a smoky eye. And if you're a bit hesitant to try out non-neutral colours, this is a great way for you to step out of the box. As for Revolver, it's a silvery/lavender shade and absolutely gorgeous. It's great for a highlight or for a soft sweep of colour all over the lid. 

So that said, I have to say I'm impressed with these eyeshadows; good quality and an even better price. Plus, the colours I purchased are unique to my collection so I love that I came across them.

Speaking of Annabelle Cosmetics, if you haven't seen my last post, please do. You can check out the look I created for their Ultimate Makeup Junkie contest.

~ This is the part where I shamelessly beg ask for your votes ~

If you haven't already, please vote for my look here. You can vote once every day until the 20th at 8:59 am. The 20 contestants with the most votes qualifies for the semi-final round and Annabelle judges will then judge the looks and vote for their 5 favourites. So pleasepleaseplease vote for me! Again, here's the link.





Have you used Annabelle Cosmetics before?
What are your thoughts?





5 comments:

  1. Great eye swatches :) Revolver and Jazzberry are LE, only available until around Feb next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Halifax - thanks so much for the info, i've edited it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the purple look... I'm a huge fan of purple eye shadows! I own a couple Annabelle eye shadows but like you said, they are not very pigmented when applied dry so I rarely reach for them. However, I do think the line is great for a drugstore brand.

    alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annabelle eyeshadows have been in my kit since I was a teen & couldn't buy all the MAC eeyshadows, they make great dupes. And the compact holders fit MAC too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @alison - thanks! i love purple eyeshadows as well!

    @monica - do they? that's good to know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails