September 16, 2010

Revlon: Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick - Mauvy Night

Bonjour, lovelies! 

If you haven't already, please vote for my look in the Ultimate Makeup Junkie contest. I'm currently only at 30-something votes and I'll need all the help I can get in order to make it to the semi-finals. You can vote once per day until 8:59 am of the 20th. So please help a girl out! 

Now, off to the lipstick:




Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, according to the website, is:
Infused with silk and vitamins for smooth, conditioning colour.
I've never tried the Super Lustrous lipsticks before, although I have tried lipsticks from the Moon Drops (disappointing) and Colorburst (love) line. However, thanks to the lovely Rae of The Notice, I became aware of a gorgeous shade called Mauvy Night. 


The texture is lovely; it's very creamy and it applied so smoothly, especially considering my lips were quite dry when I took the photo above. But as you can see, it doesn't accentuate the dry parts and just gives your lips a great finish.

I also love how pigmented it is; I don't need to swipe multiple times just to achieve opacity and the pigments don't migrate to any lines; which, if you notice, i have a lot of! I got a solid 4 hours (no eating or drinking) before seeing any wear along the seam of the lips, which is pretty impressive to me. Then again, I'm not too keen on long-wearing lipsticks because I like to remove lip products before eating and will have to reapply anyway.

Now, all of this, plus a $5.99 price tag? Picking this up was kind of a no brainer. So if this all sounds good to you (and why shouldn't it?), then you need to pick this colour up. It's very Fall-friendly without being too dark and I feel that it's one of those universally flattering shades. If Mauvy Night isn't your thing, then at least try out the other shades. The Super Lustrous Creme's are great quality and the price is so fantastic, you really can't go wrong (unless you pick the wrong shade :p)!






Have you tried the Super Lustrous Creme Lipsticks before?
Any must-have shades?






8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely shade!:D No, I haven't tried any.

    Will surely vote for you!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its gorgeous! i definitely need to check these out :) thanks for sharing! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marie - thanks so much!

    @paperheart - do it! i think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'm glad you were able to find (and love) Mauvy Night! It looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rae - yes, i have you to thank for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like something I'd want to try! I'll have to check them out the next time that I'm at the store

    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried any lipstick from Revlon yet but I do think this shade looks great on your lips!
    New follower here,
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. @socialitedreams - definitely check it out, it's lovely :)

    @Catanya - thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails