September 27, 2010

All About Eyes - Underwater

There are a few people I subscribe to on YouTube who have really inspired me to pick up the bright colours and just have at it. The lovely Giuliana was really the first person to do this and I've been having a lot of fun over the last few months creating looks that I wouldn't normally wear. 

My usual M.O. when creating looks is to look through my palettes and see which eyeshadows I haven't used before, and it goes from there. I decided to try out the blues and create a bit of an "underwater" look. 






Products Used:
MAC Paint Pot - Soft Ochre
Sephora Color Play 5-in-1 Palette - teal, indigo, sky blue, matte white, shimmery white
Sephora Nano Eyeliner - 11 Silver Green
L'oréal Voluminous Mascara - Black


So I started off with Soft Ochre all over the lid to neutralize the darkness I am cursed with :p. Then I applied a matte white eyeshadow all over the lid up to the brow bone. Next was the teal shade, which I applied just to the outer half of the lid and along the entire lower lash line. The indigo shade (by the way, I'm totally making up these shade colours) was applied to just the outer corner and I blended that outwards. Then I blended the sky blue colour just along the outer edges to soften any harsh lines. Then I swiped some shimmery white eyeshadow underneath the entire length of my brow. Then I applied Sephora's Nano Eyeliner in Silver Green quite heavily along the lower lash line; which you need to do anyway, because these eye liners don't have the greatest colour pay off. I applied this very lightly onto the upper lash line as well, which you can barely see, but I thought it would be a nice touch. I did apply some matte black eyeshadow through my brows to fill in gaps but as you can see from the first photo, I forgot to groom them first :p. Lastly, I curled my lashes and coated them 1-2 times with L'oréal Voluminous Mascara. 

Anyway, hope you lovelies enjoy this look. 

And hello to those of you who are new to my blog! Thanks for joining me here at Call It Beauty, I really appreciate it :).




Happy Monday, everyone!




4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm really impressed by Sephora shadow quality....haven't tried it myself but now tempted :D Gorgeous look!


    xoxo
    Victoria Stanell

    Associate Product Editor
    beautylish.com
    blog.beautylish.com
    twitter.com/beautylish

    ReplyDelete
  2. @victoria - so am i, actually :p. not every shadow i have is great, but the darker ones are definitely impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how this came out, it's not too much blue.:D

    That's a hit for a Sephora makeup.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @marie - thanks so much! yes, some of sephora's products are quite good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails