August 27, 2010

Garnier Fructis Curls & Shine Mousse


When I was in high school, I was always blowing my hair out. Not a good look considering I have a fair amount of hair. Not only that, but each strand is also thick. I mean, really. Then one day I thought, "why don't I curl my hair today?" So I did. And I liked it. And I blew my hair out and curled every day from that day on. Damaged hair, galore!

Now, imagine my surprise when I found out my hair was actually naturally wavy/curly. I was doing all that work for nothing! Nowadays, I just allow my hair to do what it does and it helps that I'm partial to wavier locks anyway. So in order for me to achieve a great curl naturally, I need a diffuser (that large contraption you attach to a blow dryer) and a good product. I've tried countless products for curly hair and so far I've only encountered 1.

Well, make that 2. Because the Garnier Fructis Curls & Shine Mousse is fantastic! It really makes my hair curl the way I want it to (keep in mind, I have natural waves) and it holds the curl throughout the day. It also smells wonderful, like all Garnier Fructis products do.



It's a traditional mousse, which I apply to my hair in a "scrunching" method. I then blow dry with a diffuser and just scrunch away until my hair is completely dry. I have nothing to say regarding the "anti-humidity" claim since I live in Vancouver and humidity is not something you experience here. 

I can verify the "long-lasting" claim, though. Which is fantastic if, like me, you don't like to bother with touch ups. But be warned, use too much and your hair will  get crunchy! A small price to pay if you want long-lasting curls, though. This isn't a problem for me since my hair doesn't look crunchy and since I don't have anyone else fingers running through my hair except mine (I'm always fiddling with my hair, it's a bit of a nervous habit).



Here's a shot of my hair after applying product and blow drying. I tilted my hair off to one side so you can get a better look at how it makes my hair curl. Like I said, I've tried countless products before this one. My previous go-to product was LaCoupe's Define Curl Shaping Gel, which I still do love. But I didn't get the same kind of curl as I did with the Curls & Shine Mousse. So, sorry, LaCoupe, you've been dethroned. Don't worry, I'll still reach for you now and then. 





Curly hair is my go-to hairstyle, what's yours?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails