December 2, 2011

Monthly Favourites - November 2011


It's DECEMBER! Now I can go nuts about Christmas without people looking at me funny!

How's everyone's Christmas shopping going? I've actually finished mine; all I have to do now is bake cookies. Do any of you give treats on Christmas? If so, give me some of your recipes! I'd love to broaden my baking horizons :p.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my favourites from the wonderful month of November (and it's mostly wonderful because December comes after it):


1. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush

Before I had even heard of Batiste, I tried Tresemmé's dry shampoo. It was kind of useless. 

So I tried Batiste out, subconsciously expecting for it to be ineffective, but boy was I ever wrong! It actually de-greases (that sounds gross) and volumizes my roots. It does leave your hair looking white, but it goes away completely after I brush my hair through with my fingers. If you don't want to go through that trouble, Batiste also make dry shampoo that comes with a "hint of colour" with shades that correspond to whatever colour your hair is. Unfortunately, Shoppers Drug Mart doesn't carry those. 

It also has a lovely floral scent which I appreciate a lot because my hair tends to pick up scents really well and I don't fancy having my hair smell like "ulam" (if you're Filipino, you know what this means :p). I've been trying not to wash my hair every day, especially now that I use warm-hot water for my showers. Now that I have something to refresh my hair every other day, I can actually fulfill that goal. 


2. The Body Shop Perfume Oil - Vanilla

This perfume has been a staple in my fragrance stash for many years now and I still absolutely love it. Vanilla is probably my favourite scent, so this perfume oil gets a lot of love from me.

First of all, you don't need a lot (I've had this one for a while now, it doesn't even come in a bottle like this anymore) so you'll be able to use it for a long time. Secondly, it's $16; enough said, I should think.


3. Maybelline Clear Smooth Blush - Fresh Berry

I was first drawn to this blush because of the super bright shade, but I've really grown to love it because it blends beautifully on the skin (applied with a light hand, of course :p) and sticks around for my entire work day. 

It's such a lovely shade and I've been loving wearing it this month because it makes these dark and dreary days a little bit better :).


4. Spa Resource Brushes - Powder Brush & Stippling Brush

I spotted these babies at Walmart and truthfully, I wasn't intrigued... That is, until I felt the bristles. Softness galore! I'd say they are about on par with EcoTools in terms of softness and both retail for under $11 CAD. Not bad, no?

The only thing I don't like is the stippling brush's propensity to shed - I had a lot of bristles on my face! Although, the shedding did stop after a second wash. I definitely prefer this stippling brush to Sigma's; it feels much softer on the skin.

You can find these brushes in Walmart or purchase them online at Spa Resource.


5. Macadamia Natural Oil - Healing Oil Spray

My hairstylist would always spritz my hair with this after a cut & style and I remember thinking I absolutely had to have it because it smells divine

This stuff is uh-may-zing! It makes my hair look shiny and hydrated, removes frizz, but doesn't weigh my hair down at all. And did I mention it smells divine? I did? Well, it smells diviiine!

I thought I would have to say goodbye to my little bottle, because the nozzle started spritzing in a straight line (instead of a mist) but a few minutes under HOT water did the trick. I can now use it again! 

I'm not sure where you can purchase this product because they don't have an online store and not all salons carry them. But if you have wavy/curly hair, you should start looking for this baby because you need this in your life!

For those in the US, you can purchase Macadamia Natural Oil at Ulta.


6. Lush - Sympathy For The Skin

This lotion was one of my "Best in 2010" picks and it still delivers. The scent (vanilla, of course) is absolutely delicious and it keeps my skin so wonderfully moisturized, soft and smooooth (operatoooor, smooooth operatoooor). 

It retails for $25.95, which does sound pretty steep; but it lasts for such a long time, I don't find myself needing to purchase it often. If you do try this lotion out, be sure to remember the expiry date. Because Lush uses a lot of fresh ingredients, their products do go bad. Conveniently, they have a sticker on the outside of their packaging with a best before date, as well as a lovely photo of whoever made that particular batch. How cool is that?


7. The Face Shop - Power Perfection BB Cream

A skincare product that has good coverage. No, it's not a Tinted Moisturizer, it's better than that: it's a BB Cream! I love this stuff because it gives me such natural coverage. I still need to do some concealing, but for the most part, it leaves my skin looking much better (My Skin But Better :p). It has a nice consistency, thicker than some Tinted Moisturizers I've tried and easily blends onto the skin. 

It's not perfect - my face does get a bit oily at the end of the day, which I would rather it didn't, but it's nothing a quick blot couldn't fix. All in all, I am so pleased with this BB Cream; it's a pleasure to use and leaves my skin looking really healthy.


8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Plum Jewel

Such a pretty colour! I love the formula and how the product just grabs onto your lips and doesn't shift around. It's creamy and applies smoothly, albeit with a slight bit of tugging (due to the thickish texture?) on the lips and with an average wear time of about 4 hours.


9. Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick - Mulberry

My chosen Lipstick Bandit lippie for the Fall. It contains a "super antioxidant" called reservatrol and is formulated without synthetics, polybutenes and petroleum byproducts. This lipstick glides on easily, feels really nice on the lips and is also one drop-dead gorgeous shade; absolutely perfect for fall!







What are your favourites for November?







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails