December 14, 2011

The Joe Fresh Compact Makes For An Awesome Travel Buddy




Joe Fresh has recently come out with a "mix and match" sort of palette compact that immediately made me think of Le Métier de Beauté's Kaleidoscope Kits. Except, you know... Much, much cheaper :p.

At the time, Superstore had a coupon deal where if you purchase 2 of any Face Duos, Eyeshadow Quads or Lip Duos, then you can get the starter compact for free. Each Quad/Duo retails for $12 CAD while the starter compact retails for $5 CAD.

The compact itself is made of white, sturdy, lightweight plastic. Each level snaps into place securely and the edges of each slab is magnetic so the compact stays closed. Although, it doesn't take much effort to slide out, so you might still find it open a bit when it's rattled around in your purse.


Coquette Face Duo


Both cheek products are pretty good quality. They blend well onto the skin and look quite natural. I particularly like the blush because most of my blushes are either pink or coral, so more natural looking blushes are always quite welcome. The highlighter is a lovely champagne shade that compliments the blush well.


Soft Smoke Eye Quad


I chose this eyeshadow quad because of the gorgeous shades - a deep forest green with some flecks of glitter shot through, a smoky green shade, a gorgeous taupe and a silvery grey shade. So pretty!

Unfortunately, the eyeshadow quad was a bit of a letdown. I absolutely adore the colours, but if you know me, you know that I'm not that into sheer eyeshadows. I understand that there is a time and a place for sheers, but I would've liked the option of a more pigmented look and it's much easier to sheer down a pigmented product than it is to do the reverse.

Also...

(Fallout galore! >.<)

That said, the eyeshadows are such lovely colours and they do look rather nice, as you can see from the FOTD below...


Ingénue Lip Duo




I'm a big fan of Joe Fresh lipsticks and this Lip Duo doesn't disappoint! Both shades are nicely pigmented and feel really nice on the lips. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the red shade really accentuates the dry areas on my lips by making them a tad darker. However, when my lips are in better shape, they apply evenly.


FOTD




*Please excuse my changing skintone :p. I haven't been able to figure out how to change the temperature/tint of my skin without changing the colour of the makeup. Apologies!





Are you a fan of the Joe Fresh cosmetic line?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails