December 7, 2011

Get Colour, Shine & Hydration With Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters




I have a confession to make... I don't really keep up with new product launches.

*Shock Horror* Bad beauty blogger! Bad, BAD beauty blogger!

Honestly though, I'm not sure I would know about new products or collections were it not for other people's blogs and websites. Which could be considered as a way of "keeping up" with launches, so I may have just contradicted myself there...

Long story short, I didn't know these products were about to be released until I saw Tracy's post on Beauty Reflections. Cue instant lemmings!

Then one fateful day, I decided to go to London Drugs*. I saw a cart with 3 cardboard displays of products... Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows, interesting. L'oréal Color Infallible Eyeshadows, seen it before. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters -- OHMAHGAH!

So there I stood, in front of this cart that they had literally just put out on the floor, rifling through all the different shades. It was so new (to the store) the SA didn't even know how much it cost... There is a certain amount of pride I am feeling at this moment.

*I purchased each Lip Butter for $10.49 at London Drugs, though I've seen them being sold for a few dollars cheaper at Walmart and Superstore. 


I had a bit of a tough time figuring out which shades I wanted to get. Mostly because out of the twenty (TWENTY! *o*) shades, only 4 of them had testers. Berry Smoothie was a shoe in because it's exactly the kind of shade I would wear every day. Peach Parfait was the next choice because Emma Stone looked absolutely lovely wearing that shade in the ads. Candy Apple rounded up the trio because... Well, it was pretty!

Here's some more background info, courtesy of Revlon's website:

  • Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy, glowing lips.
  • 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother and instantly hydrated.
  • Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156% (That's a big number o.o)
  • Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
  • Sheer to medium color with buttery shine
  • Available in 20 luscious shades



First of all, oh my wow! This stuff is awesome! Tinted lip butters/conditioners/balms/what have you are my favourite lip products because they hydrate while keeping my lips looking pretty. That said, I wouldn't necessarily call these Lip Butters, I would consider them more like moisturizing lipsticks. When I read the words "Lip Butter", I think of Korres' products and those bad boys are thick.

If you have "normal lips", these should provide more than enough hydration for you. However, my lips are very dry at the moment and I find I need to reapply more than I normally would for other hydrating lip products. I still get a solid 2-3 hours of wear time before I start feeling dryness around the edges of my lips.

Even with my lips being rather dry lately, I still absolutely love these Lip Butters. It's not quite enough for the drier areas on the outer edges of my lips, but it's perfect for the rest.

L-R: Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, Peach Parfait


Berry Smoothie


Candy Apple


Peach Parfait


The three shades I got are absolutely lovely. Like I mentioned earlier, Berry Smoothie is my typical go-to shade. Candy Apple is a gorgeous bright red shade and less is definitely more. I find that the other two shades are more forgiving when you apply multiple layers. With Candy Apple, you can only get away with a few swipes. Lastly, Peach Parfait is a lovely peachy-pink shade that has a subtle shimmer. It looks nothing like how it does on Emma Stone, but that probably has to do with the colour of my lips :p. 

I've been alternating between these three shades since I got it sometime last week and they're my current go-to lip product. I get awesome colour while keeping my lips semi-hydrated, which is perfect for these cold winter months. I actually have my eye on two more shades: Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Frutti. 





Are you a fan of tinted lip butters/conditioners/balms?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails