November 14, 2011

Lipstick Bandit: My Favourite Fall Lipstick


When I received an email from my fellow Lipstick Bandits, I was still in the Philippines and Fall was so far away from my thoughts that I thought I wouldn't be able to find a Fall lipstick in time. Well, looks like my worries were unnecessary as I was able to find my fall lipstick a few days after I arrived back home.

Except, adjusting back to work and having a delayed case of jet lag has made writing this post an ordeal and a half. And sure, I could've spent Sunday afternoon home writing it, but I couldn't pass up the chance to see Henry Cavill and Luke Evans throwing it down while shirtless :p. It's a totally good excuse, you guys...

...Aaaanyways...


Bite Luminous Crème Lipstick according to Sephora:

What it is:
A lush, long-lasting, moisture-rich lip color.


What it does:
This lip color delivers super antioxidant resveratrol, which fights free radicals with potent long term anti-aging benefits. Each lipstick contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine.


What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Pthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


What else you need to know:
This products is free of synthetics, polybutenes, and petroleum byproducts and made exclusively with lip nurturing, food-grade ingredients that are healthy enough to eat.




When I first swatched this lippie, I actually gasped a little bit. Still, the $28 price tag was a bit of a kick to the gut, especially since I didn't earn any money in October. So I went in search for a cheaper alternative, but couldn't find anyway. So I ended up just buying the darn thing, since I was so in love with it already.

This lipstick, which Bite has dubbed "Mulberry," is very creamy; it glides on smoothly & effortlessly, with amazing colour payoff. Sadly, despite being a "moisture-rich" lipstick, it is still no match for my über dry lips and this lipstick is emphatically not something you should wear when your lips are dry. Thankfully, they're behaving at the moment, so I'm enjoying wearing it :). That said, I'm afraid I've developed some sort of reaction to lipsticks as of late. The skin along my top lip and the skin on the left side of my bottom lip get pretty dry and itchy when I wear lipsticks for a prolonged period of time. I experienced that the first time I tried this lipstick, though it hasn't happened since then.


(dotted on)


Mulberry is a gorgeous wine-red shade that actually looks a lot like MAC Media, albeit a less intense version. Unfortunately, my camera could not fully capture the shade in all its glory. It's more... Well, wine-y than my photos suggest. 

It's such a lovely colour, that I've been semi-obsessed with similar shades ever since I purchased this lipstick. I know I said nude would be my go-to shade in the Fall, but I lied I just can't resist! One thing to keep in mind with this product is that it has a tendency to shift if, like me, you like to smush your lips together. So you'll definitely want to keep that to a minimum while wearing Bite's Luminous Crème Lipsticks. 

My favourite way to wear Mulberry is by dotting it over or under lip balm. I tend to wear it with Korres' Lip Butter in Jasmine because it doesn't add any colour, though layering MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix over Mulberry is also a really gorgeous combo!

So there we go, my favourite Fall lipstick! Of course, as you all know, I'm not the only Lipstick Bandit around... Wondering what the other Lipstick Bandits are loving? Check out these posts for all our fall favourites:







What's your favourite Fall lipstick?







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails