August 2, 2011

Monthly Favourites - July 2011



I can't believe we're past the halfway point of 2011 already! July was an awesome month for Call It Beauty; the blog celebrated it's first birthday, I went to IMATS for the very first time, and I was able to purchase some pretty awesome things.

Anyway, we've come to that point in time where I get to dish about my favourites for the last month. Here are my picks:


Urban Decay Naked Palette

I think I'm probably the last person on earth who got this palette. Nevertheless, she is finally mine and I have been using these shadows every day since I got them. The shadows aren't too soft, but they're still really smooth; I love that I don't feel like I'm wasting product because I don't get a lot of excess when I tap the shadow with a brush. Lately I've taken to using Sin all over the lid, Virgin on the inner corners, and a combination of Naked/Buck to give more depth to my crease. I've also created a sultry smoky eye with it, which I've worn on a couple of occasions. 


MAC Mineralize Blushes in Feeling Flush & Warmth of Coral


Gorgeous colour, awesome staying power (Feeling Flush more so than Warmth of Coral). These blushes apply so beautifully on the skin; it's smooth and never patchy. You really don't have to do much work with these babies. Also, they're quite pigmented, which is something I always look for in my makeup products. Read the full review here


Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen in Jet Black


Creates an even line very easily, is a true black, stays put for hours... I literally cannot find anything wrong about this amazing product; It has replaced all other eyeliners for me. Read the full review here


MAC Cremesheen Glass in Geo Pink


This Cremesheen Glass is so wearable, it feels lightweight on the lips and doesn't feel tacky at all. I love that you can wear it then forget about it, it's not a high maintenance product or colour and you can just slap it on and it will still look good. Read the full review here


Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish in Cream Pink

Less cream and more highlighter pink, this nail polish looks so pretty with a tan! I just love how bright it is and the satin finish makes the colour look less barbie doll. The formula's great, too: it dries easily and you only need 2 coats for full opacity.


Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I've been struggling with oil control for the last month or so. My face used to be combination/oily, then it became very dry/sensitive, and now it's normal/combination. I feel like I never know what to do when it comes to skin care and by the time I get a handle on things, my skin up and changes again! Frustration abounds, I tell you! Nevertheless, these oil-absorbing sheets by Clean & Clear definitely help a lot and I love that it removes excess oil without damaging my makeup. I shudder to think how awful I'd look without these babies in my purse.


MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt 


If you can't already tell, I've been obsessed with coral and melon shades lately. It's the perfect summer shade, no? I bought Vegas Volt a while ago and it's just gorgeous! I love wearing it with Warmth of Coral or just plain ol bronzer. My lips are quite dry, so I definitely need to wear some sort of balm underneath, but that's pretty much the same for practically every lipstick I find myself wearing. 


EcoTools Retractable Kabuki Brush

Super soft, super affordable... If you need a retractable kabuki and are strapped for cash, get this EcoTools brush! As I've mentioned before, I've been dealing with oily skin for about a month and after I blot, I touch up with some mattifying powder and of course, I use this brush. It's small and is very lightweight, which makes it perfect for throwing in your purse! Read the full review here.






What are your July Favourites?








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails