August 22, 2011

Cargo's Mediterranean Collection: More Bang For Your Buck



Scene: Dani at Sears.

Her Mission: To test her self control.

Mission: FAILED

No one is surprised.






But can you blame me? Look at that bag, just look at it! Isn't it adorable? It was the very first thing that caught my eye... And look, there's a dolphin! Who doesn't like dolphins? (deep breeeaaath)

That said, there was no way I was going to buy a whole collection because of a bag. I'm not made of money, yo! So I looked at the list of products, found the corresponding items on the counter, and swatched to my hearts delight. From then on, it was undeniable, I had to have this collection!


Eyeshadow Duo - Made In Italy




This Made In Italy duo has two gorgeous shades that compliment each other very nicely. My only gripe is that the gold shade has a very crumbly texture, so expect quite a bit of fallout. Both shades do blend nicely although the gold shadow is a bit more gritty so it takes a bit more work to smooth it out. It has regular wearability and didn't crease until much later. 


Blush - Mendocino




This blush sealed the deal for me. It looks a bit scary on the pan (and by a bit, I mean a lot), but it's really not overpowering once you swatch/wear it; it's important to use a light hand, though. Cargo describes this colour as a "wildflower pink with a gold sheen." The gold sheen just adds another, utterly gorgeous dimension to this blush. Also, it was nice to see it still visible after a crying sesh (don't ask :p).


Lip Gloss - Morocco



Another lovely shade, this lipgloss looks gorgeous with the Mendocino blush. As you can see in the swatch above, it has small glitter particles going through it; it's very pretty, but I prefer my glitter/shimmer much subtler than that. It has no scent, is a bit tacky, and feels pretty comfortable on the lips. 


Swimmables Eye Liner - Teal 



Along with the Mendocino blush, this Swimmables eyeliner is the star of the show. It is such a gorgeous shade, it applies smoothly (no tugging, at all!), and it lasts so long! I don't normally wear anything on my lower lash line because they disappear within an hour or two, but this eyeliner does not. Amazing, amazing, uh-may-zing product!


Better-than-waterproof Mascara - Black




And this is where Cargo missed the mark a bit, at least for me. Let's start with what I do like: the true black colour and the fact that it is, indeed, waterproof. What I don't like though is that the formula's too wet for my lashes, it doesn't keep the curl I've created with a lash curler, and it doesn't volumize (not that the mascara claims to)... The latter two are very important to me, so I can't say I recommend it. 


Go get it!

With only 1.5 of the product (the .5 being the gold half of the eyeshadow duo) being a bit of a disappointment, I would still wholeheartedly recommend this collection! The bag is adorable, the blush is gorgeous, and the eyeliner is amazing - those three alone are well worth the $38.00 (CAD with HST) price tag. Just to give you a bit more incentive: a full size blush (like the one in this collection) retails at $28 CAD (pre-HST). For $6 more (the whole collection retails at $34.00 CAD pre-HST), you get a super cute bag and 5 makeup products (3 of which, are full size). Amazing, no?


Cargo's Mediterranean Collection At Work



First, I applied the gold eyeshadow all over the lid (on top of already existing eyeliner) and blended the edge with the brown-bronze shade. Then I used the teal Swimmables eyeliner to line the lower water line and lash line. Finally, I curled my lashes and applied 2-3 coats of mascara on the top lashes and one coat on the bottom lashes.


(wearing Mendocino on my cheeks and Morocco on my lips. Apologies for the horrid base, it was a rather impromptu FOTD and I couldn't be bothered to touch up :p)






What do you think of Cargo's Mediterranean Collection?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails