August 31, 2011

Lancôme's Star Bronzer In Éclat Bronze Gets A Gold Star!



The second of my bronzer reviews, this bronzer from Lancôme is probably my favourite of the whole bunch. Why? Quite simply, it's because it suits my colouring the best. The packaging is lovely and sturdy; what else would you expect from a high end brand? I have the shade 03 Éclat Bronze, which I suspect was from a Summer collection since this shade is nowhere to be found on Lancôme's website. Still, it's a gorgeous shade that I think will suit me even when I've reverted back to my usual paleness.




From Lancôme: This sheer silky-light powder delivers a natural sun-kissed glow in any season. Exceptional light-reflecting pigments ensure a radiant, tanned makeup result. Smooth and comfortable texture blends effortlessly and evenly into the skin. Skin feels silky soft and even toned.

Result - radiant, yet natural-looking, for a bronzed complexion that stays fresh and color-true throughout the day. Suitable for all skin types. Oil-free. Fragrance-free. Non-acnegenic. Non-comedogenic. Allergy tested for safety.

Benefits
- Smooth and even application, blends effortlessly into the skin
- Long lasting healthy radiant bronzed complexion
- Anti-oxidant skin protection
- Soft focus effect on skin
- Provides a natural, healthy glow with a soft shimmer finish

Technology
- Contains a special emollient blend that allows the powder to blend
- Long lasting powder formula that stays color-true
- Vitamin E
- Light enhancing Mica
- Oil-free




The first thing I noticed was how buttery soft the powder was. It applies so smoothly and feels amazing on the skin. It also has a lovely scent; quite floral and definitely smells like a skincare product. I don't even know if that makes any sense :p. If you're worried about getting a headache, don't; you won't be able to smell this once it's on your face. 

This bronzer also has a slight shimmer. I know that makeup artists suggest matte bronzers for contouring, but the shimmer in Éclat Bronze is quite fine and delicate. I use this mostly to contour and I haven't had any issues with it looking like a glittery mess, the shimmer is so subtle!

Again, I have to mention how gorgeous the colour is... Here's the thing, I'm not big into bronzers (though I suspect winning this giveaway might've changed my opinion on that :p). They're either to orange or too ruddy, too patchy or too expensive. But this bronzer has become a staple in my morning makeup routine, it's just that lovely. It's so perfect for my skin colour, I don't even need to do extra work to make it look wearable. I literally just buff it on and it looks amazing. Ahh, I'm in love!




I have to say though, that photographing this on the skin is a downright pain in the backside. It took a while for me to actually get it to show up on a shot. However, that's probably more to do with my skills than the actual product :p. 

I love that this bronzer doesn't look orange on me at all, so there's no need to be really careful with this product (unlike the Diorskin bronzer). I reckon it'll look good even when Winter rolls around; it's subtle enough that even when I'm back to pale, it will still look wearable. Who doesn't need a little bit of colour in the Winter, anyway?

If you don't spot this in any of your local Lancôme counters, fret not. Lancôme has 3 shades available right now named Lumiere Shimmer, Solaire Shimmer and Riche Shimmer. It has the same formula and texture as Éclat Bronze, so definitely check it out.






Lovelies, do you use bronzer even during the winter time?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails