August 19, 2011

Better Late Than Never: Call It Beauty Finally Purchases Soft & Gentle





I was never really that into highlighters, but the more I watched tutorials on YouTube, the more I became enamored with that gorgeous glow at the top of your cheekbones. I wanted to be all glowy, too!

So off I searched for a highlighting powder and I did see some really gorgeous products; but the prices were not impressing me since I knew I wasn't going to be using it that often. LORAC's Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder, comes to mind. Oh, it was so pretty </3. But I digress...

I then remembered a product that, I think, is a staple for a lot of beauty addicts: MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle.





What I Like

- The smooth, velvety texture.
- It's easy to blend; it's not grainy or gritty at all!
- The price: $33.50 CAD, pre-HST (I hate the HST!)
- Its wearability: I wore it for a full work day and it even lasted through some blotting.
- The shade! "Gilded peach bronze" sounds beautiful and it looks beautiful, too!
- It looks natural: it makes you look like you're glowing, not oily.




So I walked out of MAC, happy with my purchase. But then I thought, "I feel like I just bought something I already own." Sure enough, when I pulled out my "cheek drawer," there it was: By Candlelight by MAC (from the In The Groove collection). I set them side by side and was dismayed to see that they looked very, very similar. But, before making a judgement, I needed to be sure; and there's only one way to be sure: SWATCHES.




Phew

Turns out, By Candlelight is much pinker and bronzer than Soft & Gentle. Crisis averted! Not really (crisis averted? What am I even talking about?)...

Anyway, I've been loving highlighting my cheekbones these past couple of weeks. I purchased a fat eyeshadow brush from London Drugs and I use it to sweep Soft & Gentle on the tops of my cheeks. I also like applying some on the bridge of the nose (to create an illusion that I even have a nose bridge -_-') and on my "cupid's bow."

The name says it all, really: Soft & Gentle. It's a subtle luminosity that looks absolutely gorgeous and I don't know how I've went this long without it! 





Do you have any unique ways of using a highlighting powder?
If so, hit me up in the comments! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails