August 26, 2011

Maybelline's Shine Sensational Pop Stick in Fruit Punch Looks Good Enough To Eat!




I remember the first time I saw a translucent lipstick. Rae from theNotice reviewed Clarins' Crystal Lip Balms and I was enthralled. Translucent lipstick, who'd-a-thunk? O_o

I immediately wanted to jump on the bandwagon. After all, who wouldn't appreciate a gimmick like this? But my love for pigmented products was keeping me from going ahead and making a purchase. Would I want to buy a lipstick from a high end brand that was that sheer? I was a conflicted beauty blogger...

Anyway, I soon forgot about these see-through wonders. That is, until I saw these Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks at my local Shoppers. They were translucent, too! So I picked up Fruit Punch and my heart was happy; I got to join in on the translucent lipstick fun without breaking the bank! And if they were too sheer that I didn't look like I was wearing anything, oh well... It was fairly inexpensive (approximately $11.99) so I wasn't going to cry about it. 





Well, imagine my surprise when I found it was actually more pigmented than I expected it to be! It's definitely not going to give you colour like a traditional lipstick would, but it was still very noticeable on my lips (and my lips are quite pigmented to begin with).

I love that you can apply this like a lip balm; it is so fuss-free that I don't even need a mirror. Although one must still take care not to go over the lip line so much as it will actually stain your skin a little bit. It has a lovely candy watermelon scent; very sweet and slightly cloying, but at least it doesn't give me a headache (hurrah!). I do like the smell and it dissipates slightly after I've finished applying, however you'll still get a slight whiff every once in a while, which I enjoy.

Like a balm, this lipstick lasts around 2-3 hours on my lips per application and one of the things I enjoy the most about this Pop Stick is that although you layer product on during touch ups, you never get that horrid white gunk on the corners of your lips (something I've noticed recently with my MAC TLC). 

These Pop Sticks are limited edition, so head on over to your local drugstores to pick one up! They come in 3 other shades: Raspberry Ice, Citrus Slice, and Pink Lollipop. I haven't swatched Citrus Slice yet, but I can say for a fact that Fruit Punch is one of, if not the most pigmented of the bunch. 





Have you tried Maybelline's Pop Sticks Yet?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails