August 10, 2011

Summer Skincare

I knew that my skin wasn't going to stay the same. After all, I live in a place where I get to enjoy all four seasons (sometimes all in one day :p). The thing that's irritating, though, is finally getting the handle of what to use for my skin and then having it change again so soon after.

These last few weeks have been a bit of a struggle for me, skin-wise; I've been working pretty long days and it wouldn't be a problem if I worked in an air-conditioned office. No, there's no AC where I work and I find myself having to run around so much that sweating has become my frienemy.

At the moment, I find myself getting oily after a 2-3 hours so my skincare focus this Summer has been oil control. I still prefer to keep my regimen simple, so here are the 3 products I've been using as of late:


LUSH Herbalism Cleanser




From Lush: We believe in the benefits of herbs on the skin, which is why we call this cleanser Herbalism. Massaging a preservative free, clay-based, herbal cleanser into our skins gets us quite excited. This one is specifically designed to help absorb excess oils and leave the skin looking less shiny, making it great for skin on the oily side. We put calming rose and chamomile in to soothe and ground almonds for a gentle exfoliation, helping clear up troubled spots. Once you try this, you'll believe in the power of herbs, too.

Yes, it looks monumentally weird and slightly gross (only slightly because I'm used to it :p), but I'm really enjoying it! It's a bit of work for a lazy lady such as I, having to scoop up the product, add water, then mixing it into a paste... But put up with it because I like this cleanser so much. 

It leaves my skin feeling fresh, smooth (the ground almonds lightly exfoliate my skin each time I use it) and never tight or dry. Let it be known that this cleanser smells a tad funky; the name Herbalism should clue you in. But it's definitely a scent you get used to and it doesn't linger at all. It's not offensive, just... Different

The wonderful thing about Lush's cleansers are the fact that you only need to spend what you want to spend. They will cut up a piece for you that corresponds to your budget. 

I think I'll definitely be bringing this cleanser with me (and perhaps Angels on Bare Skin, as well) to the Philippines. Knowing that I'll be gone for a month, I definitely need to stick to the tried and true.


LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner



From Lush: Tea tree is extremely soothing and can work wonders on troubled or oily skin. We've also added juniper berry and grapefruit waters to refresh and tone with natural oils. 

Tea tree - it's antibacterial, antifungal and particularly effective against the types of fungi we call yeasts. It controls spots with a mild antiseptic. 

Juniper berry oil has many properties, some of which are very beneficial to the skin. The antiseptic quality of the oil is very good for helping oily, spot-prone and acne skins. 

Use this throughout the day to help tackle blemishes and lift your spirits.

Probably one of my favourite Toners. It's light, it doesn't make my face feel tacky, it's alcohol-free, and it makes my skin feel nice & refreshed. It's definitely not a fussy Toner; it doesn't promise you the world on a platter and I can't say it even does absolute wonders for my skin. It's just a simple skincare product that is a pleasure to use.


Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser




From Liz Earle: Light and gentle, this easily absorbed moisturising lotion is ideal for combination, oily or problem skin. This finely balanced blend of naturally active skin-conditioning ingredients includes borage oil (a rich source of the essential fatty acid GLA), echinacea, hops, avocado oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) and natural antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin E to replace lost moisture and help protect your skin, leaving it soft and smooth with a naturally healthy glow. 

I've tried Liz Earle's Skin Repair Moisturiser before but it was getting too heavy for me as the days got warmer and warmer. Thankfully, they have a light version of this moisturizer, which has been serving me well this Summer. It's everything the original Skin Repair is, just in a lighter formula. It still goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling moisturized, but not tacky.

If you guys have any recommendations for foundation, moisturizer and primer that can really stand up to hot (think 30°C / 86°F) and humid weather, please hit me up in the comments! I'll be in the Philippines for a month and I don't want to look like a hot mess.





Do you change your skincare regime for the Summer?











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails