August 5, 2011

Have Dry Lips? Korres' Lip Butters Will Come To The Rescue!



My lips are dry.

Not Sahara dry, but dry nonetheless.

However this is the driest they've ever been. In fact, they are so dry, that if I go a day wearing lipstick or lipgloss, the outer edges of my lips get chapped and flaky. I don't think it's a reaction to the lip products (except for Plushglass. Oy >.<) because it's happened all of a sudden. Needless to say, I've been needing lip balms quite a bit in the last few months.

That said, I like my lips to look polished. So if I'm going to wear a lip balm all day, it must be tinted! I swear by MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners, they are my HG lip product. But, as a beauty blogger and as a beauty product junkie, I wanted to branch out and try different brands.

I was always intrigued by Korres' Lip Butters and was pretty sold on it after reading Jenny of My Funny Valentine's post about the Mango Lip Butter. Still, it wasn't until recently that I finally purchased my first two: Jasmine and Wild Rose.





According to Korres, Lip Butters are "a rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish."

Key Features & Benefits:
  • Rich butter leaves lips deeply moisturized, supple and kissably soft
  • Formulated with natural oils and extracts to soothe and condition lips
  • Packed with a shiny, juicy pop of colour
  • Petrochemical free
  • Ideal for dry lips

Lip Butter's have an moisturizing factor. Like my well-loved MAC TLC's, these babies go on smoothly and you can just forget about it. They're tackier than Tinted Lip Conditioner's, which means you'll get some hair stickage going on, but it's definitely nowhere near lipgloss standards. 

You don't need to slap on a ton, either. I just pat my finger into the pot and it's enough to coat at least a third of my lower lip (and my lower lip's pretty thick). As for staying power, it's nothing phenomenal. However, since it's a tinted lip balm, reapplying is a breeze. 


Jasmine
(note: Jasmine is a pale, sheer shade of pink; so what you're seeing 
is my natural lip colour but a tad paler)

Wild Rose

I definitely prefer Jasmine over Wild Rose, but it's simply because I just love Jasmine's scent. I was sincerely hoping that Wild Rose would smell like their amazing Wild Rose Moisturizer (whose scent I also adore), but it doesn't. Disappointment =(...

As for Jasmine, I really wish it had more colour. Coz here's the thing: when it comes to makeup products, I like 'em pigmented. I guess there's a time and a place for the sheer stuff; but generally, my attitude is this: if I can't see it, then why bother? That doesn't apply to base products, of course! Anyway, Jasmine is pretty sheer. It lightens my pigmented lips; which I don't really like, to be honest. BUT, I still love this Lip Butter so much because it smells absolutely di-vine

As for Wild Rose's shade, it does look a bit intimidating in the pot but as you can see in the photo above, it's totally wearable. It would be perfect for the Fall, me thinks! Like I mentioned, I'm disappointed that it doesn't smell like the moisturizer, but for those of you who generally find most scents offensive or have some sensitivity to scents, I think this product will be best for you. It does have a slight fragrance, but it virtually disappears after a few seconds or so. 

The Korres Lip Butters retail at around $15 CAD at 6.2 ml while MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners are $18 for a 15 ml pot. I definitely feel like I'll use up the Korres products faster than I have gone through a TLC, but the Korres line has a bigger colour range. That said, as far as product performance goes, I recommend and love both!





What's your favourite tinted lip balm?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails