December 1, 2010

Monthly Favourites - November 2010


In every Monthly Favourites post, I always say something along the lines of, "I can't believe it's ___ already!" or "Time is going by so fast!" Seeing as I would hate to break tradition, I have to say: November really really flew by for me. But I'm so happy it's December, because it means Christmas is right around the corner! But enough blabbering from me, here's my November Faves:


1. Revlon - Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup


I wasn't too jazzed about this foundation at first. I didn't feel there was enough coverage and I didn't really like the finish. But once I found the perfect way to apply it, I've been obsessed! I'd say it's around light to medium coverage and is absolutely buildable. It looks natural on the skin and really matches my skin better now that I use a brush instead of my fingers. I'll do a more in-depth review soon, but this has definitely been the base product I've reached for the most this month.


2. Sigma - F50 (Formerly SS 187) Duo Fibre Brush

It is thanks to this baby that I've fallen in love with the Revlon Beyond Natural foundation. But it works beautifully for other liquid face products as well. By stippling the product onto the skin and then blending it out, you achieve a gorgeous finish. Some say "airbrushed," but I've never used any airbrushing equipment on my face so I can't say for certain if that's the finish it achieves. But gorgeous is definitely a good word to describe the finish I achieve for myself.


3. Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Sunset Palette - Cranberry Shade

This entire palette is gorgeous; in fact, Sunset and Storm are probably 2 of Sleek's best palettes. But I've come to really enjoy this one shade in particular. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a name, but it's a gorgeous red with a satiny finish. I've used it in two looks recently, one of which I posted yesterday. It's amazingly pigmented and the velvety texture allows it to blend quite easily. I never though I'd love a red eyeshadow, but there you go :p.


4. Lush - The Olive Branch Shower Gel


I've had this shower gel since the summer but I never used it until fall/winter rolled around. It just smells so amazingly warm that it feels more appropriate to use it when the weather's a bit chilly. No, it's not the most moisturizing of shower gels, nor is it a brilliant exfoliator; but it there's something so welcoming about it, especially when you shower with really warm water... That's why I love it so much!



5. Lush - Sympathy For The Skin Body Lotion

This lotion is definitely a staple for me in any season, but I've come to really  appreciate it this winter. Although it isn't technically winter yet, we experienced a period of below freezing weather and my skin has suffered for it. Sympathy for the Skin has kept my skin wonderfully moisturized; it retains moisture better and smells absolutely delicious. The combination of The Olive Branch and this lotion is especially glorious!


6. Lush - Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser

Angels on Bare Skin is really such a wonderful cleanser. It leaves my skin looking and feeling smoother and doesn't strip any moisture at all from my skin. Actually, I would feel comfortable saying it's moisturizing as well because I can get away with not applying moisturizer on my skin after using this product. Not only is it simple yet effective, it's also one of Lush's vegan products. It has natural ingredients and no parabens, sulfates, or any preservatives.


7. Nivea - Milk & Honey Lip Balm

Smells lovely (milk and honey? Come on!) and moisturizes just as well as my well-loved tinted lip conditioner from MAC. Also, it was less than $3. There is no losing with this lip balm! No fancy tricks here, but it's a very effective product. An more in-depth review is coming soon.


8. Revlon - Sugar Plum Nail Polish

Applies smoothly and effortlessly, plus it dries so incredibly quick! The shade is gorgeous, too. Perfect for the Holidays! 






Happy December, lovelies!
What were your favourites form last month?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails