December 28, 2010

Call It Beauty's Best Of 2010


I can't believe I'm making this post right now. Is it really the end of 2010 already?! I hope you all had a great year and I hope for even bigger and better things for you in 2011.

Before I get started, I'd just like to give a big THANK YOU to all 160 of you who have followed Call It Beauty, especially those who take the time to comment. Call It Beauty is a hobby of mine that has become an important outlet and knowing that there are people who read and appreciate my humble blog means a lot to me!

Now that we've got that out of the way, here are my favourite products of 2010:

1. SKIN
Moisturizer - Korres Wild Rose Moisturizer: This product really saved my skin. It smells gorgeous, keeps my skin moisturized well, calmed my sensitivity & irritations, and it contains natural ingredients.

Liquid Foundation - Chanel Vitalumiere: Light/buildable coverage, matches my skin perfectly, keeps my skin looking dewy & fresh, smells lovely, easily blendable, and lasts a fair amount of time despite the fact its moisturizing.

Powder Foundation - Laura Mercier Mineral Powder: Gives amazing coverage, has a dewy finish, doesn't accentuate any dry patches, blends into skin so easily... All in all, it's an absolute joy to use!

2. EYES
High End Mascara - Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes!: This mascara really makes my lashes look like how I want it to: longer and thicker. I reached for this mascara LOADS this year!

Drugstore Mascara - L'oréal Voluminous Mascara: Again, it makes my lashes look longer and thicker, though not quite as much as Tarte's mascara; so it's perfect for every day use.

3. LIPS
Lip Balm - MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner (Fuchsia Fix): I've been repurchasing this lip conditioner for years now! It moisturizes my lips like nothing else and the wash of colour keeps them looking more put together than if I'd just used a regular lip balm.

Lipstick - Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick (Mauvy Night): This colour is so gorgeous! Perfect for fall/winter with its plum tones, but it's still light enough for use in other months. It's been my most reached for lipstick this year.

4. BODY
Lotion - Lush Sympathy For The Skin: A gorgeous scent and the perfect amount of moisture. Did I mention the gorgeous scent? Seriously, it smells so good, I can't even...

5. HAIR
Mousse - Garnier Fructis Curls & Shine: Defines my curls wonderfully and keeps the shape for hours even without hairspray. Plus, it has the lovely scent all Garnier products have.

6. FRAGRANCE
Eau De Parfum - Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb: I've got a few fragrances I kind of rotate around but there was none I used as much as Flowerbomb. It's floral, but not cloying; sexy and feminine at the same time. It will probably continue to be my favourite fragrance of 2011.

7. TOOLS
Brushes - EcoTools: I cannot get over how soft these brushes are. Not only that, but they're eco-friendly and inexpensive! I'm desperately hoping they'll release more brush styles in the next year.



BEST PURCHASES OF 2010



Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palettes: Fantastic quality eyeshadows for a drugstore price, can these palettes get any better? They're amazingly pigmented and the texture is absolutely lovely. Aside from that, these palettes really got me started with creating my All About Eyes makeup looks. I discovered that I could actually be quite creative and I'm really grateful for that!

I've talked enough about these eyeshadows so I'm not going to get into it now. I recommend them to anyone and everyone, especially to those who are just starting out with makeup.


Brushes - Sigma: I purchased the Complete Kit this year and I have to say, it's been an absolute Godsend! I've really started to get into creating makeup looks and to be able to use fantastic quality tools for a good price has been incredibly helpful. I highly recommend their brushes, especially the eye brushes. With every single look I create, I use mostly Sigma brushes. The only reason I use other brands is because I don't have enough Sigma eye brushes :p.

So if you're looking for fantastic brushes for a fantastic price, definitely check Sigma out!






What are your Best of 2010 picks?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails