January 8, 2011

Winter Staple: Nivea - Milk & Honey Lip Balm



If you've seen the post where I pretty much rave about MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners, you'll know how much I love them. I've been repurchasing them for years and I will continue to do so until I a) don't like them anymore (never!) or b) MAC discontinues them (omg, please don't!).

Yes, MAC TLC's are great; but I always felt a little bit like I was wasting it when I was applying it at home. So I went on the lookout for a lip balm that feels the same but I won't feel bad using when I'm just bumming around the house.

When I came across the Milk & Honey lip balm, it sounded amazing and I was immediately intrigued. Milk and Honey? It even sounds nourishing! So I picked up a stick ($2-ish Canadian, no big), went home, applied... And fell in luuuurve!

(photo from Nivea's website)

I mean, reading off of what is found on Nivea's website, this lip balm is exactly what I'm looking for. It moisturizes my lips continuously well and has a delightful scent (quite light, too). Basically, it feels like a MAC lip conditioner but is about $17 cheaper and has no colour. Well, that's not exactly true. It does have a bit of a yellow tint (thanks to the honey, I suppose? Ooh, deductive skillz...) which you won't notice on your lips but will notice when you wipe your lips with, say, a napkin.



I've been absolutely loving this lip balm, especially in the winter months. It's cold outside, I've got my heater on 24/7... I definitely need to be taking extra care of my skin and this lip balm let's me do that inexpensively. 

I can't recommend this product enough! If you come across it, definitely pick one up! I'm pretty sure you'll love it, too :).






What's your favourite inexpensive lip balm?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails