January 19, 2011

All About Eyes - Poison



From the moment I saw Nicole Scherzinger's album artwork for her single, Poison, I was immediately inspired and couldn't wait to rock the look at an event I was performing at. Well, for reasons I don't want to get into (lest I become frustrated again :p), I wasn't able to wear this look. So I decided to just do the eyes for the blog. 

I changed the shape slightly, though. I was feeling a more "wing-y" look so I elongated it just a tad and kept the edges a bit thicker. Hope you all enjoy it!






Products Used:
MAC Eyeshadow - Lucky Tom
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette - Sunset (matte black, shimmery red)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Zero
L'oréal Voluminous Mascara - Black

I started with Lucky Tom, which was from the Hello Kitty Collection; it's a sheer black eyeshadow with fine glitter shot through. I chose this to map out the shape I wanted because it would be easier to clean up should I make a mistake. Once I've gotten the shape I wanted (very rounded on top with a long, thick flick that connects down to the lower lash line), I deepened the black by layering a matte black eyeshadow on top. Next, I used the shimmery red eyeshadow to blend out the edges and swept a small amount over the black eyeshadow as well. Then I applied Urban Decay's eye pencil in Zero along the upper and lower water lines as well along the upper lash line for some extra definition. Lastly, I filled in my brows with a matte black eyeshadow & an EcoTools angled eyeliner brush and applied a few coats of mascara to top and bottom lashes. 









Are you a fan of dramatic eye looks?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails