January 12, 2011

All About Eyes - Mountain Summit


This look was inspired by the photo above, which was my desktop wallpaper for a few months. I'm not sure if it's a real photo or a painting, to be honest, but I was really blown away by the beauty of the snow capped mountains meeting the pink/purple sunset in the sky.






Products Used:
Sephora Collection Mono Eyeshadow - Aspen Summit 23 (shimmery white)
MAC Eyeshadow - Paradisco
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette in Circus - hot pink & lilac shades
Clinique High Impact Mascara - Black

To start off, I applied Aspen Summit with a dense brush (Sigma E55) because I wanted to really pack the colour on. This eyeshadow isn't crazy pigmented which is why I used this particular brush. This eyeshadow was applied all over the lid, ending around the crease area and I used the edge of the E55 to apply it along the lower lash line. Starting from the crease, I applied Paradisco eyeshadow from the inner to the outer corner, blending as I go. Next, I applied a combination of the hot pink & lilac shades from Sleek's Circus palette on top of Paradisco and connected to the outer edge of my eyelid softly, creating a subtle V shape. Lastly, I curled my eyelashes, applied multiple coats of mascara, and filled in my brow with matte black eyeshadow (also from the Circus palette).







Does nature inspire your makeup looks?







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails