October 28, 2011

My Skin Loves Pure+simple's Organic Rosehip Face Oil


I first tried this face oil when Pure+simple included a sample with my package (I initially ordered their all natural sunscreen) and I loved it right away. I kept using it for a few weeks until I decided to purchase a full size bottle during their Midnight Madness sale. Here's what Pure+simple has to say about the product:

Rosehip oil contains 80% essential fatty acids (EFAs), predominantly linoleic (Omega 3) and linolenic (Omega 6) and is naturally enriched with antioxidants like beta-carotene and lycopene.

  • Naturally contains Trans-Retinoic Acids that helps regenerate damaged skin tissue
  • Helps to decrease and prevent hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and scars
  • A perfect skin rehydrator that restores moisture balance
Ideal for:
  • Preventative Anti Aging
  • Sensitive/dry skin
  • Mature skin
  • Sundamaged, hyperpigmented skin
Directions for uses:
  • Use as a hot oil treatment for brittle, damaged hair or as a scalp treatment
  • Use in place of a moisturizer day and/or night
  • Use under your moisturizer for ultra hydration and/or to prevent/correct fine lines and pigmentation


This Organic Rosehip Facial Oil is fairly lightweight (much more than Josie Maran Argan Oil, which I also love), so it's been perfect for this transitioning period. I used to have a Summer moisturizer and a Winter moisturizer and would just put up with using one or the other during the Fall or Spring. But now I no longer have to do that, thanks to this facial oil.

It has a slight fishy scent; very slight, mind. It definitely has a very natural scent (which makes sense, considering it's an all natural product), which might be a problem for some people. As for me, I find the scent to be pretty mild and non-offensive. 



This face oil sinks into the skin wonderfully and doesn't leave any tacky residue on the skin, which is perfect for this transitioning period. It moisturizes my skin really well without making it oily, which is what most people assume when talking about face oils. But nope! This baby absorbs well and doesn't just sit on top of your skin.

After using it for a week or two, I definitely noticed that my skin looked more even. The pigmentation around my chin area (due to an uneven Summer tan) lessened somewhat (or at least it looked like it :p)  and I would wake up with glowing, hydrated skin.

That's the best part, really: the feeling that my skin has what it needs, which is something that I've only experienced with a few other moisturizers. My skin feels like it should: healthy and hydrated. Plus, it's an all natural product, so I know that my skin is truly being nourished with products that won't harm me or the environment. Bonus points, yo!






Are you a fan of facial oils?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails