October 5, 2011

About Face: Runway Edition - Armani Privé

(photo from style.com)


When I first saw this photo from Armani Privé's Fall 2011 Couture show, I instantly fell in love... I just knew I had to recreate it! So here's my little take on this gorgeous look created by makeup artist and Armani Cosmetics' creative director, Linda Cantello.






Products Used:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk
Sleek MakeUP Palette - Circus (orange and red shades)
NYX Eyeshadow - Tropical
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Creep
L'oréal Voluminous Mascara - Carbon Black


To start off, I applied NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over the lid as a base. Then, I combined the matte orange and matte red shades from Sleek's Circus Palette and applied it all over the lid, just until the brow bone. Next up, I applied Creep from Urban Decay's Naked Palette along the upper lash line, winging it out quite a bit. About midway through the winged out portion, I started lining through the brow bone. I used a fluffy brush to blend away any harsh lines, then repeated the process, alternating between lining and blending until I was happy with the look. Then I applied Creep on the lower lash line as well, winging it upwards parallel with the upper line. I also made sure that I blended the eyeshadow downward so that the line isn't so severe. Next up, I used NYX eyeshadow in Tropical and lightly dusted that along the brow bone, over top of all existing eyeshadow. I used the Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk again to line the lower water line and also to fill in the space between the two lines of Creep eyeshadow. Lastly, I curled my lashes and applied 2 coats of mascara.



Products Used:
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - 005 Natural Beige
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer - Light
MAC Eyeshadow - Quarry
Korres Lip Butter - Jasmine
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft & Gentle


According to Linda Cantello, Armani didn't want any colour on the face. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of face that can pull off no colour; it would look entirely shapeless! So I thought that a bit of contouring might be in order and applied Quarry onto the hollows of my cheeks and Soft & Gentle on the tops of my cheekbones. 

The model's lips look quite natural; in fact, she looks like she's not wearing any product. So, I applied Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine on my lips for a little bit of sheen.

I have to say, I'm quite proud of this recreation. The look is so beautiful and just inspires me to be more creative. Not to mention, it allows for me to work on my application technique :).






Hope you all like this look!





* This is a pre-written post queued up for today, as I am currently on a month-long trip. Please do still leave a comment, I will be checking in once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails