May 8, 2011

What My Mom Has Taught Me About Beauty...

To all of you who are moms and have moms, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! If you're a mom, I hope you get all the pampering you deserve.




This was my mom back in the 70s/80s when she was still a performer by occupation. She was pretty fierce, huh? She still is, actually. By the way, the outfit she's wearing in the first photo is actually just a piece of fabric she fashioned into a jumpsuit of sorts. She's a clever one!

Like most women, my mom has influenced me in the way of beauty and I've learned a lot from her along the way. The most important thing I've learned is that there's always something about you that's beautiful, even if you're not feeling particularly beautiful. I have a few insecure moments... All right, I have more than a few, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. And when I'm busy throwing myself a pity party (I wish I was more this, I wish I looked more like her, et cetera, et cetera. Let me play my tiny violin), she's always quick to point out my "pretty parts." I've learned to see myself a bit differently because of her. So no, I won't ever look like a model, but I know I don't have to be one to be beautiful. This is what my mom has taught me.





What has your mom taught you about beauty?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails