September 19, 2011

Absolutely Loving The Body Shop's Mango Whip Body Lotion!



When I stepped into The Body Shop around three weeks ago and saw that they had a sale going on, I knew it was the perfect time to try out some new products. Well, new to me anyway :p. I decided to avail of the "buy-two-get-one-free" promotion and one of the products I got was the Mango Whip Body Lotion. Here's what The Body Shop has to say about this product:

Best if you want to: Moisturize and soften your skin with a light-as-air, mango-scented lotion that absorbs easily, leaving it smooth and supple.

Best for: Very dry skin.

How it works:

  • Mango seed oil moisturizes and softens the skin without leaving it greasy and helps to protect skin from moisture loss.
  • Mango pulp is rich in Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant, to revitalize and tone skin.
  • Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil moisturizes skin and helps to restore its natural moisture barrier.




The first thing I have to talk about is, of course, the scent. I absolutely adore it! I remember thinking that I would love it if The Body Shop released a fragrance with this exact mango scent after I bought their Hand Cleanse Gels. Well, this is as close as I'm going to get I think, but I'm not complaining! I love that the scent lingers on your skin, giving you a whiff of it every now and then. So even though I don't have this in perfume form, it still acts like a perfume in a way.

It comes in a 250 mL bottle, complete with pump; I love that because I don't have to get the bottle messy, I can just use the back of my hand to pump the product out. Also, 250 mL's is a lot of product. And for $12? How could I resist? Although, being the cheapest of the 3 product I bought, I technically got it for free :p.




As the name Mango Whip would suggest, this lotion is quite light. It absorbs in a good amount of time into the skin, but keeps it completely hydrated. I was so surprised at how moisturizing this lotion is considering how light the texture was.

After application, my skin is left feeling really soft and again, the scent is just lovely. I can't tell yet if this will be enough for me during the cold, winter months. But as of right now, with the seasons transitioning from Summer to Fall, it's absolutely perfect.

I've been slathering this on morning and night ever since I purchased it and it's become a rather welcome addition to my routine. So if you're looking for a hydrating moisturizer that's not too heavy and all for an amazing price, look no further. If Mango isn't your thing, then you can also try Sweet Lemon Whip or Shea Butter Whip.

But as for me, Mango is The One <3.





Do you enjoy fruit-scented body products?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails