November 21, 2010

Inspiration Sunday - Asia Major



(photos from Vogue)


As an Asian/Pacific Islander (semantics, won't get into it) myself, I find it's a rarity to see women whose ethnicities fall under that umbrella in major runway shows, let alone a full editorial in a prominent magazine publication.

But here we see not just a lone Asian woman in an editorial, but eight of them in their very own; seen in US Vogue, no less! Needless to say, it's a proud moment for me.

Of course, I still can't fully relate to them: they're tall, they're thin, they're gorgeous. But knowing there are models out there representing me in a way and knowing that they're being acknowledged by the fashion world, well... Let's just say I'm looking forward to a time when casting multiple ethnicities for a show/editorial will no longer be considered avant garde, but simply normal.





Happy Sunday, lovelies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails