March 1, 2011

Monthly Favourites - February 2011


February was a pretty hectic month for me what with moving house and auditions, so there are no new products for this month's favourites.

I'm currently using WiFi at a public library so I still won't be able to post as regularly (or comment back for that matter) so my sincerest apologies.

So, here goes... My favourites for the month of February:


1. L'Occitane - Shea Butter Hand Cream
2. Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
3. Josie Maran - Argan Oil

Moving & cleaning house was pretty brutal on my skin and the dust, plus the below 0 temperatures did nothing or my skin. I had numerous cuts on my hands, my cuticles were ripped, I had dry patches all over my skin, I developed rash-like bumps on my arms... Not pretty to say the least.

Once we were in the new house, though, I started using these 3 products again RELIGIOUSLY! My skin's not completely healed yet, but it's definitely feeling a lot better now that I'm moisturizing again.


4. Chanel - Vitalumiere Foundation


I've had Chanel Vitalumiere for a while now but I didn't use it often because I didn't want to waste the product. At $55 (without tax) CAD, it's definitely pricey. But because of how dry my skin has been lately, I've been wanting to use creamier, more moisturizing products on my face. 

It smells divine, it gives enough coverage (but not too much for daytime), it gives your skin a really nice glow, and the best part is: it's so easy to use. I literally just smear it on with my fingertips and it still looks as nice as when I've applied with a brush. I have zero furniture in my room at the moment, so the fact that I can apply this with absolute ease is a major plus! 


5. Sonia Kashuk - Creme Blush


Another super easy product. I just dab my fingers in the product, then apply it to the apples of my cheeks. It gives a pretty flush that looks quite natural. 

I always thought cream products would wear off more quickly but I haven't found that to be the case with this, which is currently my only cream cheek product. Any recommendations on other good cream blushes?


6. MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish


How pretty is that glow? I really love this MSF (By Candlelight from the In The Groove collection) and lately, I've been lightly applying this on top of the Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush to add a bit more illumination to the face.

The combination of the two, plus Chanel Vitalumiere as a base has been my go-to look this last month when I haven't had much time to fix myself up but still want to look a bit more polished.






What are your February favourites, lovelies?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails