March 31, 2011

Lush - It's Raining Men Shower Gel and R&B Hair Cream Review


I've had these two products for more than a month now and figured I should probably review them :p. It's hard to keep up with the blogging sometimes, no?

I'm a big fan of Lush's products. I love that their products are fresh and mostly natural, that they're against animal testing, and they're one of the more ethical companies out there today. So when they announce new products, I get really excited and more often than not, pick one up for myself.



I've only ever tried 3 Lush shower gels before: Rub Rub Rub (lovely, floral scent, mild exfoliation, slightly drying), The Olive Branch (absolutely gorgeous scent, doesn't dry out my skin or impart more moisture), and It's Raining Men, which I like to call perfection in a bottle.

It's basically Honey, I Washed The Kids in shower gel form, so you can be sure it smells divine. When I started using it, we had just moved into the new house and I was dealing with some dry, rash-like bumps on my arms and I had a few itchy spots. Within a few days of using this product, not only were those bumps gone, but my skin was no longer dry. It balanced my skin and I was able to go without moisturizer for the first time since winter hit.

The only downside? It was a Limited Edition product that was released for Valentine's Day. I doubt you'll be able to purchase one at this point but if you spot one, don't hesitate to pick it up! It's an awesome product and I'm sure you'll love it.

At this point, you may ask: "why review it at all?" Well, in the blind hopes that maybe Lush's people will see this post. Lush, if you're reading this, PLEASE MAKE IT'S RAINING MEN PERMANENT!



If you have curly/wavy hair like me, then you know frizziness is something you have to battle with constantly. I've tried plenty of finishing creams in the past, mostly from the drugstore (John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Cream was a pretty good one. The Brilliant Brunette Satin Shine Finishing Creme wasn't that great but smelled uh-mazing!), but none tamed the frizz as well as Lush's R&B cream.

I first heard of R&B (Revive & Balance) on Makeup and Beauty Blog and since Karen has curly/wavy hair too, I thought I'd give this a try; especially since she seemed to love it. It has an interesting scent that I have a really hard time putting my finger on. It's definitely fruity and takes some getting used to, but I've grown to really love it!

The best part though, is that it works well without weighing my hair down (I enjoy my hair big :p). You don't need a lot of product at all and once I've applied it to my hair, concentrating on the ends, my hair looks healthier and shinier than ever!

The $18.95 CAD price does seem pricey at first glance. But you need very little per application and unless your hair reaches past your bum, I doubt you'll need to replace this soon after purchase. It also expires approximately 13 months after it's made so you'll be sure to get your use out of it.






Have you tried either of these products?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails