February 22, 2011

All About Eyes - Slate (Inspired by Emily Blunt)

(photo from InStyle)

I was so inspired by this gorgeous look on the beautiful Emily Blunt. I have smallish eyes, so I like lots of definition but black is too strong and intense for daytime. This slate eyeshadow is an excellent choice for a more toned down look.






Products Used:
MAC Eyeshadow - Knight Divine
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette - metallic gunmetal
Sephora Collection Eyeshadow - Aspen Summit 23
Sephora Color Play 5-in-1 Palette - icey white 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Zero 
L'oréal Voluminous Mascara - Black

To start off, I used a flat shader brush to apply a combination of knight divine and a metallic gunmetal shade on the eyelid, flicking it slightly along the edge. Then, to soften the look even more, I applied aspen summit on top of the grey and fading it up to blend the edges. Then, with the same flat shader brush I initially used, I applied a combination of the metallic gunmetal eyeshadow and an icey white eyeshadow on the lower lash line. To finish off the look, I lined the upper lash line with a black pencil eyeliner (UD eye pencil in zero), applied multiple coats of mascara to both top & bottom lash lines, and used a matte black eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows. 









Hope you like this look!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails