November 19, 2012

The Bandit Is A Vamp...



Aaaand, we're back! Trust the Lipstick Bandits to get me out of my little hidey-hole. :p

If you haven't guessed by the title, we are getting our vamp on this time around. I normally shy away from really dark lipsticks as I feel it makes my lips look too thick (yes, you read that right); but I've been  becoming more and more accepting of their fullness in the past year, and I thought: why not take the plunge?

That said, I'm actually not a stranger to dark, vampy lipsticks... Back in my dancing days, I used to wear this MAC lipstick called Media -- it was perfect for the stage, since you wanted something that could be visible under bright stage lights. But I never wore it offstage since it was just a bit too dark for my liking.

But since the Bandits chose to go Vamp with this latest round of posts, I have challenged myself to wear this particular lipstick in public at least once before the end of the year... Wish me luck, lovelies!

Anyway, for my vamp lipstick, I chose:

Tan-ta-na-naaaaaan!






Welcome to the Dark Side, ladies...

I was briefly toying with the idea of purchasing Media again, but I decided to choose something different this time around. Dark Side is described by MAC as a "deep burgundy" shade and is an Amplified Creme finish, which is probably my favourite kind of MAC finish.

It's comfortable to wear and comfortable to apply -- there's nothing new with this particular lipstick, as it's from MAC's permanent line. So if you own a MAC Amplified Creme lipstick, then you know what to expect with Dark Side.






If you ask the other Bandits if this shade is "vampy enough", they'll probably say no. But I like to think of it as an "Intro To Vamp" type of shade. It's not quite too dark, but definitely dark enough to stretch your comfort some a little bit. Still, it's a stunning shade, and if you're looking to challenge yourself when it comes to lipsticks, then this one is for you!

Now, I don't know about you, but when I think of Vamp, I think: DRAMA! So for my full face shot, I decided to bring on the drama...





To get a more vamp look, I decided to layer Dark Side of MAC's Vino Lip Pencil and it definitely amps up the drama... After seeing how well this combination works, I'm definitely more inspired to wear darker, more dramatic shades. (I'm not quite at Larie Level, though :p)

Aaaaanyway, here comes the fun part -- YOU get to check out what the Vamp Lipstick of choice was for the other Bandits:






Are you a fan of the Vampy look?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails