November 28, 2012

Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Tannin: Another Red To Fall In Love With


I mentioned in the previous post that I was absolutely craving a red lipstick... Well, I had my choice of two and like the true Lipstick Bandit I am, I couldn't pick just one. Every woman needs multiple red lipsticks, right? (Just agree with me)

When I swatched Tannin for the first time, I knew it was exactly the kind of red I was looking for. And since Mascate is a matte finish, I decided that purchasing a red lipstick with a different finish - think MAC Amplified Crème - was completely justified. (Just agree with me, again)

I'm already a fan of Bite's Luminous Crème Lipsticks (Mulberry was my first purchase), so I knew I was going to love Tannin, too...



Tannin is described by Bite as "poppy red" and at first, I didn't agree. Probably because I have a Joe Fresh lipstick called Poppy and that one is more of an orange-red. Then I realized that this shade definitely looks like the colour of poppies worn on Remembrance Day.

The Luminous Crème Lipsticks have a very creamy consistency and are very easy to apply. Because they're so creamy, there's a lot of slip, so I find it best to do thin layers to build up the colour. It can apply opaque straight away; but I find that when I do that, the product moves around too much. For example, if I apply straight from the bullet and then rub my lips together, the product shifts and separates in some areas. It's definitely not a good look. So I apply lip primer first (MAC Prep + Prime Lip, as per usual), then layer the lipstick on, either by dotting it onto the lip or by using a lip brush. I find this decreases the chances of it moving around on me throughout the day.





I find the Luminous Crème Lipsticks to be very comfortable to wear -- it doesn't dry out my lips, nor does it irritate them. This formula is a real winner for me and the colour, even more so. I mean, look at it! So if you're looking for a gorgeous red lipstick that has a creamy formula and is feels good on the lips, then Tannin is for you!






What's your favourite red lipstick?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails