February 20, 2012

Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'...



For the third installment of the Lipstick Bandit posts, we bring to you STARTER LIPSTICKS!

Being a performer, lipstick has pretty much been a part of my life since I was a child. Seriously, I've been wearing lipstick since I was probably 9 or 10 years old. Since I couldn't really remember which lipstick "started it all" for me, so to speak, I decided to write a post about a lipstick that would be a great "gateway" product for any lipstick newbies out there.

Generally, when I'm thinking of trying a makeup product for the first time, I have two guidelines: Choose a wearable shade and, if possible, test a drugstore version first.

I know drugstore products are not as luxurious or glamorous as their high-end counterparts, but you can't deny that brands are really stepping up their game in these past few years. Thus, I bring you today, Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipcolor in Warm Me Up.


(Forgive the grossness of the lipstick. I had a photo of an unused one but it was in my previous laptop) 




I have a few Color Sensational lipsticks in my "collection," if you will, and they're definitely one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks. As with the other shades I own, Warm Me Up applies really smoothly and has a creamy texture. It's not moisturizing, but it's not drying at all. 

These lipsticks are also very pigmented, and if you know me, you know I like 'em pigmented.

I get a regular amount of wear time with this lipstick, but what I really appreciate is that it fades in a subtle way. Unlike other lipsticks that look horrendous once you've taken a sip or a bite of anything, these babies will just softly fade away so you don't look ridiculous.




Warm Me Up is  a lovely pinkish-nude shade (think MAC Jubilee, only pinker) that is definitely MLBB material for me. I feel that if you're easing your way into using a certain product, it's important to choose a shade that you can wear constantly. Warm Me Up is perfect for that because it's completely wearable and I imagine it would look gorgeous with a lot of different skin tones.

So now here's the best part... You, dear reader, get to check out the other Lipstick Bandit's posts!





Have a great week, lovelies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails