February 24, 2012

Dear Marcelle BB Cream, You Should Let Me Love You...



Let me be the one to, give you everything you want and need... Oh man, throwback to my teenage years!

Anyhoo, on to the task at hand... Let's talk about BB Creams, shall we? I must say, I really like the idea of it. Skincare benefits and coverage? Sign me up, yo!

When I went to the Philippines a few months ago, I purchased four BB Creams, but only one really made the cut. Thankfully, it was the one I bought a full size bottle of :p. Then when I came back, the beauty world's collective hearts were aflutter because North American brands have jumped on the BB Cream bandwagon and were releasing their own. To date, I believe Garnier, Vichy, Esteé Lauder, Clinique, Smashbox, Too Faced, and Boscia all have come out with their own BB Creams.

Which leaves a beauty blogger to beg the question: "which shall I choose?"

Now this is one of the reasons I love beauty blogging so much. You end up getting to know, and even making friends with other bloggers; and when your friends say they loved Marcelle's BB Cream, you better believe I'll be picking up a tube for myself :p.




A blurb from Marcelle:

The 8 in 1 multi-benefits BB Cream that does it all for you, instantly!


Your ultimate skin care enhancer for all ages and skin types, this multi-purpose skin care cream is more than a tinted moisturizer or simple make-up base. It perfects the skin to reveal a more even epidermis and well-hydrated, flawless complexion, all in one. Use it alone as a tinted moisturizer, over your moisturizer to unify your complexion and reduce the appearance of blemishes, or apply as a make-up base under foundation for total coverage and improved stay-on power. BB Cream is offered in two shades and is suitable for a wide variety of complexions thanks to its self-adjusting pigments that transform and adapt to skin tone.


Hypo-allergenic and perfume free. Suitable for all ages and skin types. 

I purchased the shade Light-Medium, and it's a pretty good match for my skin. The first thing I noticed was that it gives pretty good coverage. The main reason I'm not fond of tinted moisturizers is because there isn't enough coverage for someone like me who doesn't have evenly pigmented skin. Obviously, a BB Cream isn't going to make my skin look perfect, but it does make my skin look much better!




Here's my (rather frightening) face, pre-concealing. As you can see, there's still areas around my mouth, along my chin and definitely under my eyes that need a lot of help, but the rest of my skin looks luminous and healthy. 

If you have combination or oily skin, note that you will need to blot and possibly re-touch throughout your day. I also tried layering this underneath a foundation (MAC Pro Longwear), which Marcelle suggests, and I did find that it made my foundation look a little bit better. However, because it's not that suitable for oilier skin, I found that I had to blot after a mere 4 hours. That said, I was standing onstage under hot lights, so that was probably the culprit.

So if you're on the market for something that will give your skin a boost and make it look naturally lovely without necessarily adding a lot of coverage, then pick this baby up! I find that Marcelle's BB Cream works just as well as the best BB Cream I've tried from the Asian market, so I'm very happy that this product is a mere 2 blocks away whenever I need to get a new tube. 

I love that it makes my skin look pretty darn good without looking like I'm wearing any foundation. It looks so natural on that it really does seem like you have amazing skin. And for someone who doesn't have amazing skin, $23 is a small price to pay for a tube of Marcelle BB Cream!


Last thing...



I don't know who this model is, but Maybelline has been using her photo for their Tumblr posts during NYFW. 

All I can say is: BROOOWS! Aren't they gorgeous? Not sure I could pull that off, but I've been feeling a strong urge to let my my eyebrows grow a little bit thicker...






Happy weekend, lovelies!
Let me know if you've tried this BB Cream & how you're liking it so far. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails