September 23, 2011

Giving My Lips A Little TLC With Sleek MakeUP's Pout Polish



It's no secret how much I adore MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners, but I was keen on trying different brands. I've heard awesome things about Sleek MakeUP's Pout Polishes and so I decided to make a purchase.

Before I go any further, let me just get this out of the way: you can purchase Sleek MakeUP products online. They have a flat rate of $13.50 for shipping, so I would recommend purchasing a few products at a time. Try out their palettes, they are amazing quality! So for those of you who have been hoping to purchase some Sleek products; well, here's your chance!



From Sleek MakeUP: A tinted lip conditioning balm formulated with natural oils such as Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract and Vitamin A, C and E to help condition the lips and lock in moisture. It also includes SPF 15 to help protect the lips from sun exposure. Using a lip brush or fingers, apply a small amount to the upper and lower lips for a sheer wash of colour and gloss. 10g


The first thing I noticed about this Pout Polish is the scent. It's a lovely vanilla scent that's more vanilla bean than a synthetic vanilla scent. At least that's what my nostrils tell me. It also reminds me a bit of a Lush product, but I can't quite put my finger on which one it is. It definitely has a sweet, foody scent. I personally love it, because vanilla is my favourite scent; it's not that subtle, but it's not offensive either. It also doesn't disappear right away, so that's something to consider if you're scent-sensitive.




The shade I purchased is called Electro Peach. It's a pretty coral/peach shade that goes really well with all my coral-y cheek products. Sleek currently has 12 shades available, some of which are Limited Edition. It's quite impressive, really; considering MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners only come in 4 shades. I personally have my eye on Raspberry Rhapsody and Pink Cadillac.

I can't speak for other shades, but this particular one is quite pigmented. Can't say I'm surprised because I know Sleek MakeUP to have amazingly pigmented products. I have yet to be disappointed with any of the purchases I have made so far. I honestly can't believe they're a drugstore/high street brand!



This product applies really smoothly onto the lips and compared to MAC's TLC's, I feel like they have a bit more slip. It's a non-sticky formula that is quite moisturizing and feels really comfortable on the lips; you forget you're wearing it, even while it keeps your lips feeling hydrated and looking polished (it has a lovely sheen). I also get regular wear time of 3-4 hours, provided I don't eat or drink in that time span.

I'm really quite pleased with this product - it's everything I like about lip products: hydrating and pigmented. It's also rather cheap at $6.50 USD... Granted, you have to pay $13.50 for shipping, but if you purchase a few more products, I think the shipping rate will be worth it.

As for me, I shall definitely be purchasing more of these babies. I love tinted lip conditioners/balms and these are just too good to pass up!





What's your favourite tinted lip balm product?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails