September 9, 2011

YSL Terre Saharienne Bronzer - Sounds Luxurious, Feels Luxurious


Well, there it is. My very first Yves Saint Laurent product. I'm a bit dumbstruck right now...

From YSL Beauty: Paying homage to the iconic safari look, Yves Saint Laurent invites you to explore the exotic n the form of an elegant bronzing powder, imprinted with the timeless YSL logo. Each brush stroke kisses the complexion with a natural sun-swept look. Sun Radiance Pigments capture and reflect light and diffuse a golden reflection in every direction, so your complexion looks luminous from any angle. The perfect travel companion for sunny touch-ups anywhere in the world. SPF 12. For all skin types.



The shade I received from Beauty Crazed is called Golden Sand; the imagery of that name alone sounds lovely and the shade doesn't disappoint either. As one would expect from a luxury brand, this powder is buttery soft and really smooth. It blends really nicely into the skin and never looks powdery; it's like the powder melts into the skin. I really like the finish of this bronzer and like LancĂ´me's Star Bronzer, looks amazingly natural.



Because this product blends so beautifully, it never looks cakey; even when you layer it on. The only gripe I have about this bronzer is that it doesn't last quite as long as I would like it to. After 5-6 hours, the bronzer is noticeably less vibrant. Though I suspect it might have something to do with the heat and the subsequent oiliness that causes it to fade. Or perhaps it's really just the product. Only time will tell...

Still, I love this bronzer! I can't say enough about how amazingly it applies onto the skin and how natural it looks. I also have the feeling that this baby will suit me even when my tan has bid me adieu. Maybe I'll actually start bronzing myself up more often :p.








Would you splurge on bronzer?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails