September 16, 2011

All About Eyes - 5 Looks From NYX Cosmetics 10 Color Palette In Velvet Rope


The best thing about eyeshadow palettes is all the fun you get to have playing with the different shades. I decided to try 5 completely different looks using this one palette. For every look, I used NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as a base and L'oréal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black (with the exception of the first look, in which I used Revlon Beyond Natural Eyelashes in 91155).

Now, in the interest of simplifying the write-up a little bit (and because I'm too lazy to describe each individual eyeshadow shade :p), I'll just label each shadow by their row and number them from left to right. So, T1-T5 and B1-B5, et cetera... T for top, B for bottom. Get it? So clever, I know.

On that note, here are the looks I created!


Un - Something Sultry




I applied B3 all over the lid and blended the edges out with B2. Then I highlighted the brow bone with shade B5 and lined all around the eyes with T5.


Deux - Something Soft




I used shade T3 from the inner corner to the middle of the eyelid and shade T4 from the middle to the outer corner. Then, I used shade B4 to to line the upper lash line, flicking it out in the corner.


Trois - Something Vibrant




Firstly, I applied shade T2 all over the lid, then applied shade B1 on the bottom lash line. Lastly, I applied shade B4 on the outer corners blending it outwards and making sure to blend it into the lower lash line as well.


Quatre - Something Linear




I applied shade T3 all over the lid with a fluffy brush for a softer look and also took it down to the lower lash line; I wanted it to look like a haze of lavender on the eye. Then I used shade T2 to line the eyes. I started with the top, using my usual technique for creating a flick. After that, I lined the lower lash line, making sure to keep both lines parallel. To finish off, I dusted some of shade B5 on the brow bone to highlight.


Cinq - Something Simple




I started off with the lightest shade (B5) all over the lid for a very light wash of colour. Then I used shade B3 to line all around the eyes, joining them together in the outer corner and flicking the shape up ever so slightly.



And there you have it! I had so much fun playing around with this palette and am so pleased with how the looks turned out.





Hope you guys like these looks! =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails