July 11, 2012

Dry Lips, Begone! With NUXE Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm.


I first heard of this lip balm through essie-button's review. My lips were stupid dry at the time, so I was really on the hunt for a lip balm that was going to hydrate my lips and finally get rid of the dry patches that had taken up residence along the edges. So when I saw this baby at the Shoppers Drug Mart close to where I work, I decided to pick one up to try (one pot costs $17 CAD). I've had this lip balm in my possession for about a month now and it's been (almost) all love from the very beginning...



The first observation I made was with regards to the packaging -- Rêve de Miel comes in a frosted glass pot that isn't heavy, but feels quite substantial in your hand. The second observation? The scent. Rêve de Miel roughly translates to "dream of honey," but it smells like lemon (does not compute!). This is not an issue, I just find it odd. =/

The third observation was the texture -- In cooler temperatures, there's a bit of a waxy texture to this lip balm, even when on the lips. It took some getting used to at first (hence, the "almost all love" comment above), because I normally used lip balms that  had a lot of slip; but once I familiarized myself with the texture, it was all good. The key is to dip your finger into the pot and rub it around a bit in order to warm up the product. Although now that the weather has gotten quite warm, I find that this process is no longer necessary. This lip balm isn't completely smooth, either. As you can see in the photo below, there are some small, circular, solid bits mixed throughout the product. I'm not sure what that is, but once you apply it onto your lips, those bits blend out.



But the best part about this lip balm is that it really does work fabulously. Within a week of regular use, my dry patches have gone away completely and  they are *still* gone! I normally get a recurrence after a few days, but I have been dry patch free for about a month. Even more fabulous is that despite it being a rich lip balm, it doesn't feel heavy on the lips. Huzzah! (and all that jazz)

My lips get dry year round, but it gets worse in the Winter (predictably). I have a feeling that the Rêve de Miel lip balm will be an absolute lifesaver during the winter months! When my lips are particularly dry, I tend to toss this in my bag and use it all day. But when my lips are behaving, I simply use this when I'm at home because I like for my lips to have more colour.

That said, it's definitely one of my favourite lip products at the moment. It's gotten my lips back in good condition and has kept it feeling hydrated. Finally, I've found a lip balm that actually works when my lips are incredibly dry!


In other news...


call it beauty. has turned two!

If you follow me on Twitter, then you'll have seen me bemoan the fact that I forgot (again) my own blogaversary. I also mentioned that if the blog were a real child, she'll have lots of issues growing up.

Anyway, I don't have anything wonderful planned to celebrate the blogaversary (if you couldn't tell by the fact that I forgot about it); so I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who follows the blog and especially the ones who take the time to comment. It really is so wonderful hearing from and connecting with you all!

Blogging has been a ton of fun and I've met some truly amazing people (and dare I say made friends with them, too? :p) because of this and for that, I am so grateful. *cheesy grin*




Cheers, everybody! Have a fantastic rest of the week!




1 comment:

  1. Congrats again! I really want to try this, but need to finish my la mer balm first! My lips sound like yours so this could be an affordable alternative yay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails