May 1, 2012

Monthly Favourites - April 2012


We are now one step closer to Summer and I'm not dreading it as I normally do. Highly unusual, I must say!

I'm kind of getting back into the groove of makeup classes and blogging again, which I'm really happy about. Classes have been going great (I'm in Evening and Bridal right now, for those who don't know), though I definitely need more practice. It's times like these I wish I lived close to my Bandits, so I can practice on their gorgeous faces!

Anyhoo, enough with the waffling! Here are my favourite products from the month of April...


Burberry For Women Eau De Parfum

This fragrance is probably my very first "big girl" perfume and it's had a special place in my semi-fickle heart ever since. I go through a lot of difference phases, like most women do, but Burberry For Women is one of the few perfumes I own that I will consistently repurchase. This month, I rediscovered why I love it so much. It's party fruity, part musky, and a whole lotta loveliness. I also get a lot of compliments whenever I wear this perfume, which is always a good thing.


Revlon Nail Polish in Chic, Timeless, and Fashionista

I've used these three nail polishes to create a somewhat ombré design, which I posted about here, and I was absolutely in love with it. Revlon nail polishes are among my favourites, not only because of the price, but also because of the quality. They apply smoothly, evenly, and only require a few coats to achieve a nice, opaque finish. Also, Revlon is pretty consistent with dupes, so if I fall in love with a particular shade but am not willing to shell out a lot of money for it (which is most often the case :p), I simply have to wait for Revlon to create something similar.


MAC In Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb and Whisper of Gilt

Having never been much of a fan of highlighters or luminizers, these Skinfinishes have come as a bit of a surprise. They apply so smoothly, they never look grainy, they create the most amazing sheen, and have such a lovely texture. I can't believe I haven't jumped on the highlighting bandwagon until now!


Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

If you haven't guessed by the two posts that were the precursor to this one, I have been really getting into nail polish lately... My love for nail polish ebbs and flows, and right now, we love each other a lot. Now, the thing about doing nail art or wearing gorgeous shades is that you find yourself constantly looking at your nails... Which then leads to looking at your cuticles.

Now, if yours are lovely, then there's no trouble. But if yours are as atrocious as mine, then you get all cringey and embarrassed. So, I've started to be more diligent in applying this cuticle cream every night (or nearly every night, at least) and my cuticles are looking much better! I honestly don't know how this stuff works, but after applying it every night for a week or two, my cuticles look clean and well moisturized.


MAC Blush in Lovecloud 

 Lovecloud (released in MAC's recent Très Cheek collection) was a bit of a sleeper hit for me... Originally, I was only interested in Immortal Flower and Modern Mandarin, as they were shades that are not very well represented in my budding blush collection. However, I was really taken by the finish of Lovecloud (all Très Cheek blushes have a satin finish, but out of the three that I own, it is the most prominent in Lovecloud). Lovecloud has been my most worn blush since I've purchased it and my love for it is still going strong!


MAKE UP FOR EVER 24S Blush Brush


This brush came with my makeup kit at school and at first, I wasn't all that impressed. Mainly because I was used to rounder brushes that were incredibly soft to the touch. But as I continued to use this brush, the more I began to love it. The flat shape actually makes applying/blending blushes really effortless and patting more pigmented products a breeze. It took some getting used to, but this has quickly become my absolute favourite blush brush.


Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

As I've mentioned before, I've been really into nail polishes lately. Normally, I don't use a base or a top coat (for shame!), but I've taken to using Horse Power as a base under my nail polish. FYI: it can be used as a base. It's even stated in the back of the bottle under Directions. But silly me decided I'll only use it when I'm not wearing nail polish -_-'. As for Seche Vite... The first time I used it, I remember thinking, "this can't be good for you." It smells very strongly of chemicals and I wasn't in a well ventilated room, so there was this anxiety of getting a headache, or worse. (#SayNoToHuffing!)

That said, I've started using Horse Power as a base coat and Seche Vite as a top coat and mother of pearl, does it ever make a difference in my manicure! Horse Power really grabs onto the nail polish and I find I can apply a second coat even quicker with it than without. And Seche Vite is definitely an appropriate name for this top coat because it definitely dries my manicure fast; and you all know waiting for the polish to dry is my weakness! This combination really makes my manicure looking pristine quicker and for longer, which has been amazing when you're constantly washing your hands/dishes/brushes, etc.


Welcome call it beauty. (back) to Facebook!




For those of you who may not know, I created a Facebook page for the blog a while back but didn't really feel that it served much of a purpose. Well, I've kind of changed my mind and decided to get back into it.

<tangent> Oddly enough, I had deleted my account on FB, and I was notified that my account will still be up for a month before being fully deleted. Well, as I tried to create another page, I was then told by FB that there's already an account connected with that email address. Lo and behold, there my page still was. Not deleted by Facebook... That's kind of creepy. </tangent>

So now that call it beauty.: is officially on Facebook (again), I would really love it if you guys took the time to "Like" my page. I promise to be more active on there, so please feel free to join me!





Happy May, lovelies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails