March 2, 2012

Monthly Favourites - February 2012


Goodbye, February! Hello, March!

You know Spring is on its way in Vancouver when it's sunny one moment, then hailing the next. Then there's the fact that it's warm one week, then cold the other; and out of nowhere, it starts snowing! If there's one thing I learned from living in Vancouver, it's that I need to be prepared for all weather eventualities.

Well, wherever you are, I hope the sun is shining for you!

And without further ado, here are my favourite items from this past month...


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

This was my go-to foundation for most of January and February. It looks very natural and provides pretty good coverage. I do require some blotting throughout the day, but that's the norm for most foundations I use.


Royal & Langnickel Round Kabuki Brush

After applying Healthy Mix Serum foundation, it's important for me to set my foundation. Though sometimes, I just want to add a touch more coverage. This kabuki brush is what I use to get the job done. It's ridiculously soft and hasn't shed since I purchased it last year. Love!


David Babaii for WildAid - Bohemian Beach Spray

Now that (the right side of) my hair has grown out enough for it to sustain curls, I've been using this spray to style my hair after every wash. It gives my hair body, curl, texture, and never makes it look overly done. It has a very light, coconut-y scent and holds a curl really well.

This product, as with all David Babaii for WildAid products, is sulfate, paraben, petrochemical and animal product free. Plus, ten percent of all profits go to WildAid. How amazing is that?


LUSH - Sultana of Soap 

This soap is creamy and smells absolutely divine! It contains real fruit, which I actually don't like (they just fall off!), but it sure makes the soap look pretty, no? My skin always feels so soft and smooth after using this and I think it's ranked up at the top along with Honey I Washed The Kids as my favourite Lush soap.


Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

This product in one word: awesome

I haven't tried any North American BB Creams on my face, though I did swatch some on my hand and so far, Marcelle has been the only brand to get the texture right. BB Creams are not tinted moisturizers, yo! 

This shade matches my skin perfectly, gives good coverage, evens out my skin tone enough (I still need some concealing, though), and is so easy to use. While I was running late last week, I ended up applying this haphazardly all over my face (like a moisturizer) and it still looked amazing. I do need some blotting throughout the day, but I'm so impressed at how well this baby sticks around. 

I've been having "good face days" thanks to this BB Cream and I think I may have found a product that will truly become a staple in my modest arsenal.






What are your February favourites?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails