April 4, 2011

Monthly Favourites - March 2011


 Happy April, lovelies!

I hope you all had a fab weekend and an amazing start to the month. This month is special for me because it's my birthday at the end of the week. If my friends or family know me at all, then I'm pretty sure I'll be getting makeup :p.

Anyway, off to last months favourites!


1. Lush - It's Raining Men Shower Gel

Smells absolutely delicious (like caramel & honey), lathers beautifully, and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized. 

This product is, sadly, Limited Edition (it came out for Valentines Day) but I'm sincerely hoping that Lush will repromote it... Or better yet, add it to their permanent line!


2. MAC - Powder Blush in Pinch O'Peach 

Blue toned pinks are my favourite kind of pinks, especially when it comes to blushes. The problem is, my skin is pretty yellow and I can never seem to make it work. 

Pinch O'Peach gives me a nice pink flush that's very pretty and feminine. It's one of those colours that I don't have to think about too much because it goes well with a lot of other products I use.


3. Revlon - Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia

I don't normally wear anything bright on my lips but I was inspired by Arianne one day when she mentioned on Twitter that she was sporting a bright pink lip. Then I remembered I own this lipstick and decided, why not? I've been wearing it often since then.

It's a gorgeous colour and is a fun way to spice up your look a bit. For the daytime, I would keep the eyes simple by just wearing a bit of eyeliner and mascara (sometimes just mascara). I also recently wore it for a performance, wearing a more dramatic eyeliner and with false lashes. 

It's definitely not for the timid, though. If you don't want attention, don't wear it :p.


4. L'oréal - Nail Polish in Waters Edge

Keeping in tune with brights, I've been wearing this nail polish almost all month (with a brief Tangerine break in between) and I love it! It brightens my mood every time I look at my fingernails and see this beautiful, fun shade.

I especially loved wearing it and the fuchsia lip at the same time (á la Lisa Eldridge). It's quite chic to clash a bit, I think :p.


5. Lush - R&B Hair Cream

What's not to love about this product? I love the scent, I love the texture, I love that it smoothes the frizz out of my curly/wavy hair without weighting it down (I like my hair big :D)... Lush definitely gets an A+ for this baby.


6. Revlon - Colorburst Lipgloss in Hot Pink

I'm in love with this lipgloss. It's non-sticky, very shiny, and feels great on the lips. The only thing I don't like about this product is the flimsy applicator. I would've preferred a regular doe foot.

Wearing brights always seems a bit daunting so if you want to ease yourself into it, try a gloss first. These glosses are a good option because they're great quality for a great price. As for other colours, I've got my eye on papaya.

It also looks gorgeous on top of the Colorburst lipstick in Fuchsia.




7. L'oréal - Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

After my disappointment with Voluminous Million, I decided to go back to my trusty Voluminous. However, I decided to try the Carbon Black version.

To be honest, I don't really see a difference between the regular Voluminous and the Carbon Black version, but it still does everything I want it to do. Adds volume, length, and keeps the curl. 






Here's to an awesome April, lovelies :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails