May 7, 2012

NOTW - Glitter And Hot Pink Tips


I was debating whether or not I wanted to do a blog post about this... The nail stuff is kinda taking over at the moment and my girl Winnie is entirely to blame (if you haven't seen her blog, check it out!). Seeing her designs always sparks my imagination. And while I'm nowhere near her level, I certainly enjoy the the whole process.

Anyway, I actually really like this one, so I figured I'll share it with you all.

When I started doing my nails on Friday night (I know, I'm wild!), I knew only two things: 1) I wanted to use the new glitter nail polish I got, and 2) I wanted to use french manicure tape. So I started off using a peach shade for the tips and then layering the glitter nail polish on the top...


(Apologies for the crap photo. This was just something I sent to Winnie over Whatsapp late at night.)

As you can see, it's no bueno. The peach did not stand out as much as I wanted it to and the glitter over the peach doesn't look so good. So I took that off and started over. 



Products used:
butter LONDON - Horse Power Nail Fertilizer
Sinful Colors - Cream Pink
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear - 180 Disco Ball

I ended up layering the Sally Hansen glitter nail polish over Horse Power, which I used as a base. Then I placed french manicure tape on my nails and painted the tips with Cream Pink, which is actually more like a neon pink. It's quite bright! A layer of Seche Vite later, and my nails were done!








Hope you like, lovelies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails