January 23, 2012

My Favorite Night Balm Indeed!


I'm pretty sure I've been moaning about this on Twitter for some time now, but if you haven't heard, it goes like this: my lips, and the skin surrounding it (called the vermilion border) have been crazy dry lately. To the point where that area would constantly (but not always) feel tight and somewhat itchy. It would also sting quite often... 

This meant that I couldn't wear lipstick or lipgloss, because it would exacerbate the dryness and would feel incredibly uncomfortable. I'm not exaggerating here, peeps. I had dry flakes all over my lips and the corners of my mouth would feel so tight, I actually couldn't open my mouth too wide.

All my other lip balms, that used to be perfect for my lips, were now useless. Oh, what's a girl to do? </firstworldproblems>

So yes, I was sceptical when I saw C.O. Bigelow's My Favourite Night Balm; but the words "8 hour overnight recovery" intrigued me enough, so I ended up getting it anyway... Turns out, that was the right thing to do, because my lips haven't been this "normal" in months! When I woke up the morning after I first applied it, I immediately noticed that the tight feeling around my lips had severely lessened. I still felt a bit of tightness on the corners of my mouth, but it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as it was before. Also, no dry flakes or itchiness! Huzzah! *fist pump*

I love that it's thick, but doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips. The scent is light, but pleasant; not overpowering in the least. But the best part is, of course, the condition I find my lips in when I wake up in the morning. Love, love, love this stuff!


In other news...


Meet Chancho 2.0!

Yes, I named my laptop after a character from Nacho Libre... Watchu gon do bout that? Use your hands to wipe your face? No? K...


Getting a protective case was important to me, because I'm a bit of a klutz and I need all the help I can get to keep Chancho scratch-free. My last laptop had the very same case, but in a lovely purple shade. I love it because of the satin finish. The Apple store I went to was out of the purple cases, but I immediately gravitated towards this particular shade, which has become my Spring colour obsession (last Summer was coral, Fall was mustard, Winter was red).


I also got this cute bag from Forever21. I love the weave pattern; my current favourite bag, a taupe Steve Madden purse, also has a woven pattern. It's perfect because it can fit my laptop and my binder for classes, so it's become my school/work bag. I'm still on the look out for more of these types of bags, though; I'd like to have the option of switching it up once in a while.

Anyway, many thanks to everyone who's been patient while I scrounged up enough money to get a new laptop! You can bet that I'll be blogging in full force once again!






Happy Monday, lovelies! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails