July 14, 2011

Embracing Bold Lips With Revlon...



 A week or so ago, I stepped into a Shoppers Drug Mart located near my workplace. Lo and behold, they had a promotion going on: 2 Revlon lipsticks for approximately $7 (with tax). There were two shades that caught my eye, Siren and Fire & Ice.




These shades are so vibrant and the payoff is amazing. Both have a creamy texture that goes on smoothly on the lips. However, Fire & Ice definitely requires less application as it covers my very pigmented lips quite well. Siren, on the other hand, tends to settle in lines a bit more and is less forgiving if your lips are a bit dry.


Siren


Fire & Ice
(please excuse the shoddy application!)


As you can see, both shades are stunning! Siren is a gorgeous coral/melon shade, a shade I happen to be obsessing over the last month or so. Fire & Ice is a lovely, classic red that I think will look good on just about anybody. I wore it last week to a wedding and I felt very Old Hollywood!

I would definitely wear these lippies more often, except I constantly find myself having a reaction whenever I wear lipstick in general. For the last couple of months, every time I wear lipstick or lipgloss, the area where my lips and the skin around them meets gets very dry. Has this happened to any of you before? If so, was it an allergic reaction to the product or was it because of something else (i.e. weather)? Please let me know if you guys have any remedies, I'd really like to get back to wearing lipsticks/glosses again!

That said, I definitely recommend Siren and Fire & Ice (the latter, especially)! They are such gorgeous colours and they apply smoothly on the lip (Fire & Ice more so than Siren). They're inexpensive as well, which is always a win!







Are you a fan of bold lip colours?







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails